Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What to make for Little Boys - Besides Quilts - Suggestions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-make-little-boys-besides-quilts-suggestions-please-t219443.html)

nananurse 04-19-2013 05:30 AM

When my nephew was little my sister and I made him a stuffed camping site. It started with a remnant of green indoor/outdoor carpet, then we made stuffed rocks to sit on and smaller ones for the campfire ring, then we made the logs and fire. He had a little popup style tent that was made to go over a bed and we sat it on one corner of the carpet. His son now plays with it though we did have to make a new tent! lol

quiltingmimipj 04-19-2013 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 6010297)
I've known little boys who love super hero capes, and they are easy to make...

Could you post your easy instructions?

joysewer 04-19-2013 05:43 AM

I have made my grandsons laundry bags, with their names embroidered on them, to take back and forth to Grammy's, crayon bags with crayon pockets on the outside and the bag big enough to hold coloring books, travel pillows with their names on them, a bag to take to the library to carry their books home, and a cape for the youngest one. On that, I used the Superman logo but embroidered SUPER JIMMY on it for my grandson.

JaniceP 04-19-2013 06:01 AM

PJ bottoms or the whole set. Totes in boy colors for their toys with small parts.

solstice3 04-19-2013 06:22 AM

a sleeping bag, stuffed animals, a carrying case for matchbox cars or action figures....usually camo works on anything for boys

sailsablazin 04-19-2013 06:40 AM

How about a "tent" that fits over a standard card table? They have patterns for them.
You could make a postal theme with a mailbox, mail slot, a envelope and letter, mail jeep on one side of the tent, US flag, etc.

Or a fireman theme.....firetruck on one side, the pants and a fireman coat on one side...hoses and axe and fire hydrant, etc.

One of the moms demonstated hers at a seminar that I attended....she just went with whatever the child liked. She put a door and windows in the various sides and got really creative. She actually took a picture of a mailbox and copied it exactly....also sewed a postage stamp (larger of course)...

applique 04-19-2013 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6010924)
Everyone loves those playhouses you put over a card table. Easy to set-up and easy to store when not in use.

I love them made in camo! Also made big monster trucks etc. and appliqued onto T shirts and jackets.

Jingle 04-19-2013 06:45 AM

Stuffed animals for those ages. Pillows for lying on the floor or for sitting on, while watching TV. Pjs are good too, backpacks.

margiepc 04-19-2013 07:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
How about a "Discovery Bag"? I made these for my twin gs and filled them with different things like Small microscope, jars for specimens, magnifying glass, notebook and pencils, etc. They had a great time "discovering" .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408930[/ATTACH]

margiepc 04-19-2013 07:08 AM

Sorry I can't seem to get it to one pic. :(