Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What should I do with the Easter candy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-should-i-do-easter-candy-t119229.html)

GreatStarter 04-27-2011 02:56 PM

I don't have an answer for you, but I do have this {{{{HUG}}}}}. I am sorry you have a negative person in your life-I can totally relate.
Kat

kylenstevesmom 04-27-2011 02:59 PM

I have a similar sil from hell, I'd swipe the bunnies back eat them, and see if your bil notices.

Cause given the chance, that's what I'd do!!!!

My bil from hell doesn't like me or my son's either, so knowing him he'd be relieved that someone took them, and he didn't have to figure out what to do with them!

Good Luck and let us know what you ended up doing.

the casual quilter 04-27-2011 04:41 PM

I go along with the "eat the candy" crowd. You did a very good, very kind thing to get the chocolate bunnies for the kids. The shame belongs to the SIL if she would deny her kids and you of the joy of Easter.

patty48 04-27-2011 06:37 PM

I'd sit down and eat every one of them....and then forget about it.

Prism99 04-27-2011 09:19 PM

So, have you eaten the bunnies yet? If you need help, I'm available! :-P

By the way, *LOVE* your avatar!!!

Kimkankwilt 04-29-2011 10:51 AM

It's the end of the week and the bunnies are still hiding. BIL left early today so the bunnies got re-dispersed to my employee who has 2 sons...I checked with him first to make sure his kids eat chocolate and since they do, they'll enjoy them alot. Especially cause they're Muslim and probably never got to eat a chocolate Easter bunny and will not care that it's late. Problem solved :)

charity-crafter 04-29-2011 12:44 PM

How funny. What happens when he comes back on Monday looking for them? The Easter bunny took them back or they ran away to find someone to appreciate their chocolatey goodness.

It could be something as simple as they don't let the kids have candy. My sister was like that with my nephew. If we gave him candy, she'd distract him with something else and take it away from him. We learned not to give candy.

I do understand about having negative inlaws. Good luck with that. At least you still communicate with your brother.

Prism99 04-29-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kimkankwilt
It's the end of the week and the bunnies are still hiding. BIL left early today so the bunnies got re-dispersed to my employee who has 2 sons...I checked with him first to make sure his kids eat chocolate and since they do, they'll enjoy them alot. Especially cause they're Muslim and probably never got to eat a chocolate Easter bunny and will not care that it's late. Problem solved :)

Great solution! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

jskbloomers 04-29-2011 09:27 PM

Start with the ears and go from there. Chomp, chomp, chomp...

crafty_linda_b 04-29-2011 09:39 PM

OH I think you should have asked the kids (in front of the SIL) how they liked their choc bunnies you gave them?? See if she fesses up as to why the kids didn't get them!! My DS & DIL are like that..they don't want the kids to have any sweets...guess what they get at Grandma's house *L* we always make some cookies, a cake or some kind of goodies while they are here..I know shame on me huh?? Grandma's house is like Vegas..what happens at grandma's house stays at grandma's house ;-)
crafty_linda_b