Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What types of excercise equiptment do you like and use? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-types-excercise-equiptment-do-you-like-use-t153331.html)

Annaquilts 09-16-2011 05:10 AM

So I am thinking of adding some kind of excercise equiptment to my life to hopefully get some cardiac type of excercise in. I am looking at the Gazelle, some sort of glider excercizer, off Craig's List. There seem to be plenty availble in my area making me wonder if I will use it.

What is your experience and what works? I am an over weight 47 year old, do tae kwon do,but have joint issues.

Deb watkins 09-16-2011 05:12 AM

I use the ARC trainer in our school's fitness room. It may be like the gazell, it is a glider, not a stepper. With arthritis in my spine and hip, this works well for me, as it still gives me a good workout without the stress on my joints.

ptquilts 09-16-2011 05:13 AM

At home I just walk, but I have used the elliptical machines and like them a lot. Hate stair climbers.

Annaquilts 09-16-2011 05:13 AM

Thanks for your input. Maybe I am on the right track with a glider type of excercizer.

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
I use the ARC trainer in our school's fitness room. It may be like the gazell, it is a glider, not a stepper. With arthritis in my spine and hip, this works well for me, as it still gives me a good workout without the stress on my joints.

alikat110 09-16-2011 05:13 AM

I use gazelle and total gym. Love(????) them both.

Kehoeta 09-16-2011 05:14 AM

I use an elliptical machine. I had the gazelle, but I didn't like how it felt like it would tip over. I like to work hard when I am on the equipment, and the gazelle, while it will give you a good workout, isn't heavy duty.

Annaquilts 09-16-2011 05:16 AM

I was wondering about that. I found one further away that is not foldable and seems heavy duty. The bad part being the none foldable but then I might need the heavy dute because I am not tiny both tall and heavier.

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
I use an elliptical machine. I had the gazelle, but I didn't like how it felt like it would tip over. I like to work hard when I am on the equipment, and the gazelle, while it will give you a good workout, isn't heavy duty.

leatheflea 09-16-2011 05:17 AM

No need to buy just go for a walk, its free!

Annaquilts 09-16-2011 05:33 AM

Yes, that is good too but not always feasable with little ones in the home.

Originally Posted by leatheflea
No need to buy just go for a walk, its free!

Jamiestitcher62 09-16-2011 06:10 AM

Gazelle sucked for me, Total Gym was ok, if you have good shoulders and I bought a Treadclimber, that was the biggest waste of money and I'm still paying for it. If you are 5'2" or shorter, don't bother. The treads are spaced too far apart on the thing for a short person to walk normally without looking like they have a load in the pants and it hurts your hips when you have to space your legs that far apart to walk. They don't tell you that when you buy it.