Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do-t142309.html)

bearisgray 08-03-2011 09:30 AM

Have you seen her at work?

Possible scenarios:

1) She has had major problems and really wasn't able to be at work or do the curtains.

2) She bit off more than she could chew - and is embarrassed and avoiding you.

3) She scammed you - took your money and fabrics and ran.

I think i would try to rule out #1 before reporting her.

If #1 was not the case, then go for her!

(My DH says I'm a sucker for every sob story and a silly gullible bleeding heart!)

NanaCsews2 08-03-2011 09:30 AM

5 kids I am surprised she agreed to it at all. Do nothing short of going to the store and confronting her. She took this upon her self during working hours, on company time. I wouldn't hesitate to contact the manager if you do not get satisfaction immediately.

irishrose 08-03-2011 09:34 AM

I agree with amma. Send the email and tell her when you'll be picking up your fabric and any money at --- on ---. Be sure she knows your next step is to contact the store. If she doesn't answer that one, then do what you need to do for resolution of this.

lalaland 08-03-2011 10:19 AM

Get your stuff back and do it yourself and chalk it up as a lesson learned and you won't do that again!

nativetexan 08-03-2011 10:25 AM

oh my, i do hope you get your fabric and lining back. that isn't right of her. I had a plumber try to elicit (sp) cheaper plumbing jobs from me without his company knowing.

bj 08-03-2011 10:27 AM

I think I'd go to the store to see if she still works there. If she does, I'd express my regret that she is having a rough time and ask for the fabric and money back. If she balks at the money, I'd consider it a donation to the kids. I'm not a softie, but sometimes life is hard for young families trying to get by. I would give her the benefit of the doubt, but the fabric should be returned no matter what. If she doesn't return the fabric, then you might have to take further steps.

blueangel 08-03-2011 01:27 PM

I would go to the store and confront her.

SherriB 08-03-2011 01:31 PM

I agree with most every one else. I would go to the store and speak to her in person. If I didn't get a resolution, then I would speak to management about it.

pocoellie 08-03-2011 01:54 PM

I agree with jljack, go to where she works.

Vanuatu Jill 08-03-2011 02:08 PM

I agree with everyone-just get the fabric and money (if you paid her) back, or report her to the manager. My guess is she didn't intend to scam you (no one is that stupid if she still works there, knowing you could easily find her). What ever the reason, if it is ligitimate, she should have at least given you the courtesy of a reply to your e-mails and offered an explanation. I hope she still works there! Let us know how it gets resolved!!