Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do-t142309.html)

joyce blint 08-04-2011 06:25 PM

crazyquilter----Yes I saw all 5 kids-all under 5yrs----when I dropped the fabric off. She also told me she's been working 60 hrs/wk...the manager said "No way" to that.

crazyquilter56 08-04-2011 06:28 PM

So she lies too. How can you go out of town when you have 5 kids under 5. I don't believe they were hers, she's was babysitting them or something. How old was this person?

babyquiltlady 08-04-2011 06:29 PM

I agree with everyone. The only way you can speak to her if she refuses to communicate with you outside of work is by going to her place of work. You can ask to speak to her privately once you are there, but you do need to handle the situation.

crazyquilter56 08-04-2011 06:30 PM

I'm glad you got your fabric back it's to expensive to just give away...

luckylindy333 08-04-2011 06:36 PM

Good ending and that was very kind of you to pay her...

sueisallaboutquilts 08-04-2011 08:42 PM

Joyce, I think you are an incredibly honorable woman!! :D

pnptrapp 08-04-2011 08:53 PM

Joyce I agree with what you did.

For future reference for others who are reading past the resolution part of this. Even if it's agaisnt the company policy to solicite work while on the clock, there isn't anything they can legally do about it, if you decided to take them up on an offer. The only thing management can do is reprimand them for breaking company policy. Even then unless there's been complaints they can't really do anything about it. People have multiple jobs all the time.

OHSue 08-04-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by joyce blint
2 more emails and no answers. So I went to the store (20 mi from here) to find her---not there. Asked if she still worked there....they said "sometimes". Came home, sent another email, still no reply. Back to the store today, asked for her again. Ended up talking to the manager and explaining the situation and that I INSISTED she not lose her job or they'd lose a customer. She brought the completed curtains w her to the store. She may get a 2-day suspension, but will not get fired!! I would've easily overlooked the whole thing if they had been my curtains....but I was afraid I was going to have to buy 6 yds of replacem't fab @ 12.99/yd plus $20.00 worth of lining. I couldn't afford that. I was told not to exchg $ in the store. So am mailing her $25.00 (she asked for $10.00). (cheaper than all new fabric) I hope I did the
right thing.....I really did try.

I think you did the right thing. And without regard to what her real situation was, if you think the work was worth more than $10 I would send more money. With six yards I am guessing it was more than one set, and I would think that it would be reasonable to pay more than $10. And there is nothing wrong with just being nice for no reason at all, in fact that is the way it should be.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-04-2011 08:58 PM

Glad it got worked out... wouldn't have paid any extra tho, for all the trouble you had to go thrugh to get your fabric back.

wanda lou 08-04-2011 09:49 PM

glad it all worked out.