Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What are you willing to buy at a craft fair - and how much will you pay for it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-you-willing-buy-craft-fair-how-much-will-you-pay-t252306.html)

dottiequilts 08-23-2014 04:37 AM

My Mom makes those scrubbies. The cost of the nylon net has gotten so high, that she barely breaks even at $1. Also for those who haven't tried it yet--the nylon is very hard on your hands.

ManiacQuilter2 08-23-2014 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6855521)
I buy crafts that I don't do like stained glass, wood working etc. I also buy knitted things that I could do myself but would take a loooong time for me.

I agree with Tartan. I ONLY buy the items that I don't want to make or don't have the time or don't have the talent to make.

Geri B 08-23-2014 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by lclang (Post 6856323)
I lok for African Violets. I manage to kill one or two a year and our craft shows often feature green-thumbed people who raise and sell the violets so I need replacements.

Had an aunt that watered hers with tea water...a little from her cuppa....grew like crazy.....all my inside plants are silk! Outside..I buy perennials, and Mother Nature takes over, I just keep weeds out!

As far as buying a craft fairs...if it something really unusual ( and I cannot copy) and reasonable I may buy it......but like mentioned, many things lately are manufactured and brought in, or just mass produced stuff...not interested at craft fair prices

fayeberry 08-23-2014 07:16 AM

Seldom buy anything anymore. Too much stuff already.

QUILTNMO 08-23-2014 10:30 AM

has to be something very ususal i kind of quite going to crafts shows same ole same ole

debbiemarie 08-23-2014 12:18 PM

You are asking a crowd that can make their own items and probably do not buy handmade things because we make our own. People who do not craft or sew are willing to pay more money for handcrafted items. I am always shocked at how much money non-crafters are willing to pay.

toverly 08-23-2014 01:04 PM

I'm a looker, not a spender. I love to look for new ideas. If I do purchase something, it will usually be a plant or food item like local honey.

KalamaQuilts 08-23-2014 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by dottiequilts (Post 6856336)
My Mom makes those scrubbies. The cost of the nylon net has gotten so high, that she barely breaks even at $1. Also for those who haven't tried it yet--the nylon is very hard on your hands.

I was going to say the same thing dottie! Really hard on the hands, and worth far more than a buck :)
They also make good cutting mat scrubbers, I have two in my quilt room.

AngeliaNR 08-23-2014 05:25 PM

I don't go to craft shows--the "cute" factor is usually too high for me.

ILoveToQuilt 08-23-2014 06:02 PM

I don't go often, but when I do, I buy dish towels that have knit/crochet tops (you can hang the towel on your fridge or stove). I try not to pay more than $3.50 each.