Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was your favorite Christmas gift? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-christmas-gift-t85682.html)

quiltnut4ever 12-28-2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
A Barnes and Noble NOOK from my kids and hubby. They completely shocked me! We are on the road a lot and I love to read so they thought it would be a good idea. My daughter buys tons of e books so she just transferred over lots for me to read.

How do you like it so far?

wanderingcreek 12-28-2010 12:44 PM

My best gift ever was the beautiful treadle machine from my son and his wife. My daughter is taking me shopping for fabric this week as she didn't want to just get a gift certificate. I think it is so she can help pick out fabrics that she likes!

donnacollierbess 12-28-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by hannajo

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Don't you love it when your spouse gets a gift you totally love. Hehehehehe

It wouldn't be the first time. People are really generous to him! ;)

My favorite Christmas gift was from my 21 year old son who is still in college. He took his (Step-) Dad and I to an exquisite dinner then he treated the 3 of us to The Nutcracker Ballet. The fact that he actually took the time to go with us was almost as special as it gets.

mamaw 12-28-2010 01:53 PM

I liked them all. Our Mr. Coffee frappe machine is great; the Tom Tom will take me to quilt shops all over the state, along with some fun smaller gifts and fun money. It was a great Christmas.
Oh, this summer hubby bought me a Janome Horizon for bday/Christmas....can;t forget that!

annyroony2 12-28-2010 02:53 PM

It has to be the box of fat quarters I opened and the gift certificate from my LQS.

GrannieAnnie 12-28-2010 05:27 PM

I got a $50 gift card to HOME DEPOT to start work on my first barn quilt-----------don't be expecting pictures any time soon. LOL

Cyn 12-28-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by magnolia
My favorite gift was getting to see my brother. He came out to surprise me for my college graduation, which was on December 17th. Complete surprise. He had been in Afghanistan for almost a year (he is in the air force). I don't get to see him much-he is stationed in Colorado. It really meant a lot that he went through all of the trouble (and money) to fly out to see me (I live in California). He was having trouble getting his base to approve leave and kept submitting the paperwork until they said yes.

What a very nice gift. Thank him for the gift of freedom from him to the USA...

ditto :)

Joan Rosemary 12-29-2010 12:39 AM

Aren't we all so lucky.
My overall special moment at Christmas was arriving at my Son and DIL's , I hadn't seen them for some time and my son will be going over seas with the RAF in January. So great being with them and Leah who is 10 and Brandon who is 12. Grandchildren are growing so fast.

plainpat 12-29-2010 02:18 AM

I have a list of what not to buy me,but quilty gifts are great.All the quilting goodies & gift cards work for me.
A Grson actually remembered I needed spices.....so he got me some.Love it & also a huge tea selection from a DD. I also got peppermint cocoa & mint chocolates.I love peppermint.I seldom get a gift I don't like.....the family knows Mom/Grma :-)

Originally Posted by Joan Rosemary
Hi just wondered what your favorite gift was. Mine was a whole lot of quilting books and no repotision either. That was great thanks to my very thoughtful family and friends.
Happy New Year to you all.

leatheflea 12-29-2010 03:38 AM

My son gave me crystals to hang in my sewing room windows, when the sunlight comes through them they make little rainbows all over my sewing room.