Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was your favorite Christmas gift? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-christmas-gift-t85682.html)

mdollar 12-29-2010 06:45 AM

Mine was a little silver cross on a chain that one of my grandsons picked out himself. I is very pretty and hangs perfectly! Love it!

Charlee 12-29-2010 08:07 AM

We made some purchases together...we got a new tv, as the old one was starting to act up, we got a WII, as we've decided that we're not going out as much this year and will have that to play with at home for no additional costs, and a GPS for the car, because I get lost, A LOT! :lol:

When we went to Idaho for Christmas, he took me "junkin' " one afternoon, and we found a Hinterberg quilting hoop in one of the second hand stores, with two additional hoops for $30! He also bought me a set of two Gingers...8" shears and 4" snips.

The best part of Christmas was seeing him interact with his family. He was so happy!

theifner 12-29-2010 08:21 AM

My grandchildren out of foster care and living with me.

Abby'smom 12-29-2010 08:26 AM

besides the quilting books, I got a mp3 player -- this is a learning experience with its touch pad and slidey controls -- I am downloading a free song a day and learning to get the thing to play -- I wonder what it would be like with one of the fancy sewing machines -- I'm not a etech or mechanical person

kat112000 12-29-2010 08:28 AM

iPad!!!

Robinlee 12-29-2010 08:34 AM

I didn't get any "quilting/sewing" related things, but I did get a $100.00 gift card for Christopher Banks. I've lost 25 lbs since July, so I am need of some dress clothes for work when I find a job in the new area in which we live.

Then my husband bought us a big screen T.V. on Monday, so I guess that is the next thing I guess. Not my most favorite Chirstmas on my list. But moving didn't help either.

chris_quilts 12-29-2010 10:11 AM

I helped pick out most of my gifts but my DDs bnought me a book without my knowledge. That is my favorite but right after that comes the Martelli cutter with the blades that they also bought for me.

plainpat 12-29-2010 10:49 AM

That's wonderful....quite a Christmas !

Originally Posted by theifner
My grandchildren out of foster care and living with me.

seabolt22 12-29-2010 01:12 PM

My son and his wife are active in childrens little theater. He gave me a christmas cd that featured my DIL singing carols. I had never heard her sing. She has a beautiful voice. I was so moved when I heard it I cried.(glad I was alone)

plainpat 12-29-2010 02:20 PM

WOW....what a wonderful gift.

Originally Posted by seabolt22
My son and his wife are active in childrens little theater. He gave me a christmas cd that featured my DIL singing carols. I had never heard her sing. She has a beautiful voice. I was so moved when I heard it I cried.(glad I was alone)