Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your favorite sandwich? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-sandwich-t101812.html)

mdollar 02-22-2011 07:03 AM

I love Reuben sandwiches- corned beef and sauerkraut with Thousand Island sauce! Yummy!

mollymct 02-22-2011 07:08 AM

Grilled cheese is my fave. Also love turkey, bacon and swiss. I like hot sandwiches best and I don't eat any condiments!

Central Ohio Quilter 02-22-2011 07:53 AM

My favorite is WW bread, swiss cheese, mayo, and a nice thick slice of sweet onion. MMMMMMMMM

Second favorite - we call a garden sandwich, only available in the summer - straight out of the garden - WW bread, sliced tomato, sliced cucumbers, green or red pepper slices and green onions with salt and pepper. It is slippery and falls to pieces all over the place and you have to lick the drips off your fingers, but oh ...... yummy!

Rhonda 02-22-2011 08:30 AM

My mom loves onion sandwiches. She uses whole wheat bread and usually butter or mustard and large thick slices of onion.

jad1044 02-22-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by NancyG
Reuben....I never make them but always order when I go out for lunch. Yum, yum.

Mine too! But our local restaurant will usually say theyare out of ingredients, as I think I"m the only bo-hunk (German) in the community, and they don't want to open a can of sauerkraut to make it ! Plus the one time I did have it - well, they need lots of help in that sandwich department! otherwise their food is good, but I can't find Ruebens anywhere down here in Missouri - but we are all small towns here - so I won't complain - I just order my whopper at Burger King when I get there, and I'm fine with that! :) (My second choice in boughten sandwiches).

grannypat7925 02-22-2011 09:37 AM

Dark rye bread with butter and with a nice thick slice of sweet onion and just a sprinkle of salt.

Parrothead 02-22-2011 09:53 AM

Okay I will eat with relish all of the above except the liverwurst.
My favorite is toasted Potato Bread, Chunky Peanut Butter mixed with Honey and butter. If we have bananas, I slice a half one on it. Or potato chips.

Yooper32 02-22-2011 09:58 AM

Whole wheat bread, homemade meatloaf, Miracle Whip and bread and butter pickles. If the pickles fall out, snatch them up and pop them in the mouth and get the jar and replenish the sandwich.

akrogirl 02-22-2011 10:37 AM

Bacon buttie/sarnie ;-)

Cold roast pork with stuffiing and apple sauce.

dixiechunk 02-22-2011 10:39 AM

Honestly, I'll eat most anything slapped between two slices of white bread with Hellman's mayo. However, if I had to pick a favorite it would be liverwurst with mustard on one slice of bread and mayo on the other (never, ever put the two condiments together on the same slice of bread!) with thinly sliced vidalia onions. Yummo!