Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was/is your occupation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-occupation-t160255.html)

ellenmg 10-14-2011 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Quilterfay

I will start I am a Fraud Investigator -1

Now THAT sounds like an interesting job! I am retired from medical billing and massage therapy, but given the opportunity to do it over, I would be a Crime Scene Investigator.....

Plumtree 10-14-2011 04:19 AM

USAF was my first and only "real" job. Then I met dh and have been a stay at home-schooling mom ever since. I have 4 kids aging 18 down to 12. I have a few hobbies that have earned some money over the years but wouldnt' call them jobs. But cake decorating and photography are things I have been commissioned to do, and daycare out of my home for a few years.

Can I say I have loved reading every single post, so many jobs such exciting lives. What a great bunch of people.

QuilterGary 10-14-2011 04:20 AM

Retired USAF, now Quality Control Manager, welding inspector for a large construction co.

BeverlyH 10-14-2011 04:23 AM

Medical Office Manager

Pat P 10-14-2011 04:24 AM

Owned and operated a poultry operation-- first one was for commercial eggs second one raised fertile eggs. Gathered eggs for over 40 years 7 days a week year-round. Worked in an appliance factory building switches first year of marriage,also was volunteer EMT on local ambulance and worked three years at a World Gospel Mission Headquaters. Raised hogs and drove tractors for years.

janekonowitz 10-14-2011 04:24 AM

I was an Emergency Room nurse. Also Nurse in USAF. Worked at Williams-Sonoma to outfit my kitchen.

mcar 10-14-2011 04:24 AM

I am retired after a varied work life. Elemetary School teacher, stay at home mom, volunteer for school and church, went to study at the community college and finished with a graphic design degree at 54 then worked as a graphic designer for a performing arts company in DC. Burned the candle at both ends by working all day and attending performances in the evening...loved it, but was still managing a long commute and family. Researched and compiled a family history for both sides of my family and published the work for my families benefit, delved into knitting and crochet and now when I was trying to be patient while my health improved I began quilting. My fabric stash equals my yarn stash after one year!

emarkwood 10-14-2011 04:26 AM

Former middle school teacher for 25 years. Now just loving retirement!!!

K.P. 10-14-2011 04:26 AM

I worked in Human Resources for a large semiconductor manufacturing company as a stand-up trainer/material developer for 35 years.

Before that, I worked as an Engineering Technician in the manufacture of semiconductor devices, and prior to that I was a floral designer, and nurses aide.

Now my husband & I am retired; he spends most of his free time on the golf course, which give me lots of time to spend quilting, & I love my new life now!

bamamama 10-14-2011 04:30 AM

Paralegal for 5 yrs, owner of Title Insurance Agency for 18 years and owner of small Mfg co (We made wood components for closet organizers i.e. California Closets was a customer)for 5 years while we owned the Title Ins. Agency. During those 5 yrs we commuted from NJ to Fl every other week. Sold both businesses moved to Al and after 2 years of retirement I opened Custom Frame Shop. Closed that business now I am a Long Arm Quilter.