Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was/is your occupation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-occupation-t160255.html)

sylviak 10-13-2011 08:32 PM

Taught HS science and math for several years, then stayed home with my 3 kids until they were all in school. Then I took a job as a histotechnician, passed my registry and spent 30 years in the field. I've been retired for almost 2 years and I really like it!

BTW, I think I'm the only histotechnician so far...

watson's mom 10-13-2011 08:36 PM

[BTW, I think I'm the only histotechnician so far...[/quote]

What is a histotechnician please. Thank you.

Ruby the Quilter 10-13-2011 08:50 PM

I was a development director for a non profit and travel 100 of miles each week. Was so rewarding - fighting the battle against cancer.

jaciqltznok 10-13-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Jack of All Trades!!! ......... (and Mistress of None!!)

hehe..had to giggle..I always say I am Jacquie of all trades and Mistress of a few I can't do in public..hehehe

jaciqltznok 10-13-2011 08:55 PM

been working since I was 14..Girl Scout camp counselor, retail clerk, then became Hairdresser, but being military never got to spend much time working in that feild. Was a bartender, waitress, wilton cake decorating instructor, worked Mngmt for Hancock fabrics, Joanns, Michaels, have done crafts all of my life and used that for extra income. Especially overseas. Been the CHeif cook/bottle washer/maid, taxi service around here for years...

sadly, I will NEVER have a job to RETIRE from, nor will I have a nice big pension either!

trif 10-13-2011 09:37 PM

I'm a critical care nurse in a busy trauma center. Absolutely love my job, I feel very fortunate to be able to have a job I enjoy.

CoyoteQuilts 10-13-2011 09:41 PM

I have been an LPN and worked in that field for about 35 years.... nursing homes, private homes, in my home, hospice, family practice, allergy and agencies in 2 different states. In between all of these in the nursing field I have managed a convenience store, driven cars for a tow company, clerked in a sew and vac and worked on an assembly line building typewriters. Through all of that I was also a mom, wife, cook, finance director, carpenter, cleaner, maintenance worker, you get the picture :)

Kyiav10 10-13-2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Unemployed at the moment-well kind of. When you have your own business I guess you are never unemployed. I'm a Human Resources administrator for 8 years and looking to be in the field again. When not working secularly anything I can do at the winery. Sales and Marketing is the biggest part - oh I can't forget barrel washer as well! I work the tasting room on weekends. Love both my occupations but the boss of the winery doesn't pay real well!! :wink: :wink:

I would like to work in the tasting room!!!! Just tasting of course!

Kyia

janedee 10-13-2011 09:46 PM

I am a stock controller for one of our big supermarkets,have been a care worker, secretary and police officer previously and of course the best job of all a Mum

charismah 10-13-2011 09:54 PM

Well I worked at a credit union for a short spell ..shortly after highschool...then I moved on to drive auto parts....lasted only about a year??Then I got a job billing medical insurance..that lasted most of my career?? 10 years...then I started college again...picked up a part time job at LQS and then started LAQ.
Currently I am a LAQ, MOther to 6, Wife and a full-time student at WSU! WOW! I need some sleep!