Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What was/is your occupation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-occupation-t160255.html)

DanaMargaret 10-14-2011 04:48 PM

I'm an RN in Boston on a busy bone marrow transplant unit

misoop 10-14-2011 04:52 PM

Elementary school teacher..18yrs, then 10 yrs with Farm Credit.

cowgirlquilter 10-14-2011 04:53 PM

Administrator at a public school-and love it!

juropat 10-14-2011 04:54 PM

Many jobs including, sew tech for GM (car seats), film maker, teacher aide, Sign Language Instructor, Residential Supervisor, currently unemployed from School District - working when possible as Sub but love to get back to teaching Sign Language again but no needs in this area. :-(

SharBear 10-14-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by cdmmiracles
hospice home care nurse!

From the bottom of our hearts -- THANK YOU. You do an AMAZING job with the patients and their families and should know there is a very special place in heaven for you!

sewingsuz 10-14-2011 04:55 PM

I was in Accounting field most of my career. Bookkeeper for an Insurance firm at 18 yrs old. IBM Tabulating Clerk for about 4 yrs. then accounting and tax preparer. Since retirement I have been a vendor at arts and craft shows to sell my handmade items.

dphelps 10-14-2011 05:01 PM

Well, I guess I am a first here. Among other things, like a mother to two beautiful daughters and 4 granddaughters, I was a firefighter/emt/supervisor. Education has always been a part of my work. I had to take medical retirement 14 years ago and had a liver transplant 3 1/2 years ago as a result of Hep.C from a blood transfussion many years ago. I am very well now and truly feel I was blessed.

quilter in the making 10-14-2011 05:01 PM

Studied court reporting, but school ended the night school program shortly before I finished, so had to give up that dream. Administrative assistant for a judge while I was studying court reporting. Administrative assistant for the director of special education in a school district. Studied medical transcription, completed the training and got a job, but gave that up after doing it for about 6 months. Worked at the school on a computer all day and then came home and logged on and did medical transcription for 4-6 hours a night and on the weekends. Decided at my age I was too old to work that many hours and gave up the medical transcription since that would never pay me enough to be able to quit at the school. And now in my free time, I quilt!!

sylviak 10-14-2011 05:03 PM

LOL! For those of you worried about the "quilt police", you now know who they are! Lots of people here are/were in law enforcement! Even more in the medical field. Teaching and accounting are also very popular. I'm really enjoying reading about what everyone has done or is still doing. The common thread....we all love quilting!

Lucky Lindy 10-14-2011 05:05 PM

Accounting clerk, mostly payables, but can do receivables, payroll and anything else my employer asks.