Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your pet peeve? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-pet-peeve-t99243.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 02-12-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by isewhappy

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I cringe when I hear the advertisement on TV that says their product is "gooder" or when I hear news commentators say "You guys......." or "these guys"......ARRRRGH!

The general decline of the English language. Speaking/Spelling - I cringe at: "I seen it" "Yous guys" "It don't matter" - just to name a few.

I think you just defined my absolute biggest one :thumbup:

sewwhat85 02-12-2011 09:28 PM

when people dont like the rule and do what ever they want

KatFish 02-12-2011 09:37 PM

People who don't use their turn signal.

hperttula123 02-12-2011 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
We have to have a fire permit to burn, and I don't think anyone knows what the word recycle means.

I had to look and see if your location was Montana. Same here.

Nope Northern Wi. :) When we first moved here, we were a little confused because there aren't garbage trucks up here. It took a little while to understand how it all worked.
When we go for walks in the summer, the kids will even pick up cans and bottles and carry them home in bags to recycle them.

hperttula123 02-12-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I hate it when the covers are too tight over my toes in the bed at night. :lol:

Also, when the neighbor's sweet old dog drags the cat food dish off into the yard.

Oh, and when I have to stand at the sink with the water running for a full minute til it warms up enough to put my hands under it in the winter. Just hate that!

Jan in VA

Ahh...the cold water....I don't like that either. Also, holes in my socks. I throw them away if they get a hole in them. I wear steel-toed shoes at work and I have had certain shoes that would wear holes in my socks after one or two times of wearing them. I don't buy that brand of steel-toe anymore. I spent more money on socks than what it cost for new shoes.

Pat M. 02-12-2011 09:56 PM

Misspelled words anywhere, especially in the newspapers.

MCarleneM 02-12-2011 09:58 PM

I shudder at the "I and Me" thing, too.
Would they say "Rose spent the day with I."? duh

Originally Posted by imanoni
My pet peeves are people (including newscasters) who use "I and "Me" in the wrong place "Rose spent the day with Jake and I instead of "Rose spent the day with Jake and me"...it just grates!

Servers in restaurants who refer to my lady friends and me as "You Guys".

hperttula123 02-12-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pat M.
Misspelled words anywhere, especially in the newspapers.

I used to try to find out how many typo's were in the books I was reading. I also used to try to find the mess up's in movies. I can't remember what movie it was in, but they had a roll of paper towel sitting on the sink and they switched to another actor, went back, and the paper towel was gone.

Sadiemae 02-12-2011 10:07 PM

Have you noticed that people are losing the skill of spelling words correctly?

pookie ookie 02-12-2011 10:13 PM

Adding an s to anyway.

Pet peeve threads getting shut down.

Adults having smug little adolescent rants.

Linty thread. C'mon, now!

Unrealistic expectations.

Lousy restaurant food.