Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What are your summer plans? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-summer-plans-t47912.html)

aliaslaceygreen 06-01-2010 06:25 AM

In August we will be traveling by car from VA to Salt Lake City, Boulder, Yellowstone, Billings, Mount Rushmore and whatever thousand other locations my DH thinks he can fit into a 2 week time frame!!!!

Quilter7x 06-01-2010 06:33 AM

Going to a quilt auction in the Lancaster, PA area in July. They also have locally made furniture and some other items.

There's a quilt show on Cape Cod in early August that I'd like to go to. I'd have to be vacationing there to go to it since it's too far to drive there and back in one day.

Pam 06-01-2010 07:04 AM

Running up to Michigan in the next couple of weeks, brother gave me a slide in truck camper, then he is coming it visit w/ his kids (the boys are staying in the camper), company in July, Puerto Rico in Aug, more company later in Aug, camping anytime I can. Our place is more like a motel than a house, we have company in and out alot.

Maride 06-01-2010 07:16 AM

Start a new job, find an apartment or rental house, move to NYC, find a new guild to join, find a take a few classes to complete the requirements for my medical technology license. Haven't taken a class in over 20 years, so this must be interesting.

Pam 06-01-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
Start a new job, find an apartment or rental house, move to NYC, find a new guild to join, find a take a few classes to complete the requirements for my medical technology license. Haven't taken a class in over 20 years, so this must be interesting.

YAY!!! I think I may be as excited about your new job as you are. What an adventure.

abonda 06-01-2010 09:58 AM

going to los vegas baby!!!!!!!!!!

Jim's Gem 06-01-2010 10:01 AM

Work....... I've had too much time off for medical reasons (including right now) that I only get one week in August. DH and I are going to Lake Tahoe with 5 other couples, The gals were my friends in High School and all participated in my wedding. We all turn 50 this year and decided that we needed to get together and have fun.
Boss had a cow with this week so anything else I do will have to be on the days I don't work.

Pamela Artman 06-01-2010 10:08 AM

Working on the house (finishing the living room, new windows and siding, then new kitchen), camping with friends, finishing a couple of commissioned quilts, painting and organizing my sewing room, several trips downstate to see grandkids and for a family reunion, and enjoying my parents who are visiting for a month from Florida.

Jim's Gem 06-01-2010 10:11 AM

Oh, I forgot to add, Plan a wedding!!! DD#3 is getting married on the 30th of October. This will be a big wedding, 450 guests possible. This is the 3rd wedding in just over 3 years!!!!

vjengels 06-01-2010 10:18 AM

We're heading to Vegas, Death Valley, Sequioa the Yosemite! YEA!!!!!!!!!! then later in August I'm hoping for St Louis Arch... Don't know why,,, sometimes I get a place stuck in my head and I HAVE to go. it was like that a few years ago with Mt Rushmore... did you know it's free to go to the Monument? you do have to pay for parking though; we were there for 4th of July, they had the celebration the day before, the park was completely empty on that morning, it was fantastic! We brought our own food and had breakfast on the patio below the monument all by our selves, watched the helicopters removing the last of the pyrotechnics from the top of the mountain. That was a great trip!