Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Was Your Worst Injury While Quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-worst-injury-while-quilting-t244332.html)

ILoveToQuilt 04-01-2014 02:35 PM

What Was Your Worst Injury While Quilting?

I have a habit of nicking myself with my rotary cutter. Never needed stitches, thank goodness, but it hurts!! The klutz gloves are way to large for my hands, so they won't work for me. (I wear a child's extra large or adult extra small gloves). I've also stuck myself with pins and needles. Occasional burns from the iron. I guess I need to be more careful! :)

What was your worst injury?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-01-2014 02:43 PM

I've sewn through my finger multiple times.

ManiacQuilter2 04-01-2014 02:57 PM

When I was quilting professionally on my Bernina 1530, I would get a lower backache from not taking breaks that I knew I should. Always deadlines!! don't miss THAT anymore. I have time finally to work on charity quilts at my own pace!! :)

patricej 04-01-2014 02:57 PM

I was bent over the table cutting strips.
As I tried to stand up straight my back went out.

I had to call in to take the day off from work.
"I won't be in today. I hurt myself quilting."

"Really? Did the dog eat your homework, too?"

LOL LOL LOL

Jackie Spencer 04-01-2014 03:11 PM

Severe Rotar Cuff pain, could not even lift my arm. Had to get a shot in shoulder. Took several weeks to heel. Too much cutting and sewing!!

lynnie 04-01-2014 03:56 PM

had a few, twice cut the tip off my finger, sewed thru my finger and had to pick up the machine to unplug to dis engage and then replug it in to get the needle out of my finger. blood all over the place. also cut my toe to the bone when putting in a new blade and dropped it on my toes. One of theos finger nicks...cut the tip of the bone off left index finger (at work in an embroidery machine co), what a MESS, blood all over!!!

lynnie 04-01-2014 03:58 PM

oh years ago, I was sewing all day into the night to finish a suit I was making for a boyfriend. the iron was
very hot. I ironed my finger till the knuckle turned black. I still have that scare, that was when I was 18, now i'm 55 (in a few days)

dakotamaid 04-01-2014 04:33 PM

Tried to cut off the tip of my left index finger with a rotary cutter. Fingernail is still wonky and little sensation in the tip. :)

grannie cheechee 04-01-2014 04:39 PM

Cut my index finger with the cutter. DH wanted to take me to the ER, but I told him to just wrap it tight with gauze and tape. He didn't think it would heal, but it did. The cut was almost to my nail, and I knew there wasn't going to be any stitches in the finger. No room. LOL

Tartan 04-01-2014 04:55 PM

Sewing machine needle through my finger. Gave myself a manicure with the rotary cutter but no blood was involved.