Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's for dinner? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-dinner-t244854.html)

athomenow 04-09-2014 08:16 AM

What's for dinner?

So what is everyone cooking today? I love new ideas so let's hear what's on your menu for either lunch or dinner. I've discovered Stouffer's frozen meals in a bag for two. I'm having the chicken and dumplings for lunch. We typically don't eat big at night so plenty of time to work this off. Shoepeg corn as an extra side. I added more carrots to the chicken also.

That's mine, what's yours?

NikkiLu 04-09-2014 08:22 AM

We are having those hot ham and cheese sandwiches - you make them out of those Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and wrap them in foil and heat in the oven. Also having cottage cheese and potato chips with fresh sliced strawberries for dessert.

Billi 04-09-2014 08:50 AM

Soft chicken tacos, with homemade salsa and guacamole, refried beans, rice and chips.

Onebyone 04-09-2014 08:53 AM

I cook a dinner meal most nights. Tonight it is fried cube steak with peppers and onions, homemade biscuits with red eye gravy, baked squash, sliced tomatoes, and applesauce.

My grands and DH love the Impossible Hamburger pie recipe from Bisquick. It's easy and tastes good. I always add more cheese then called for though. LOL. I make that when we need something quick to eat instead of getting pizza. DH eats it with sour cream, the kids and I eat cranberries with it.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-09-2014 09:12 AM

Tonight is tacos. Tomorrow is a homemade Runza. Friday is undecided. I'd better start thinking. I like the sound of those hot ham and cheese sandwiches mentioned above.

Peckish 04-09-2014 09:24 AM

Crock pot roast beef. This is a recipe born out of desperation - I wanted roast beef, but I wanted to cook it in a crock pot and have it be flavorful instead of bland and boiled-tasting. When I scrabbled around my cupboard, I found a packet of brown gravy mix and a packet of garlic peppercorn marinade, I think it's made by Weber. Dumped those in the crock pot, along with sliced onions, some water, and the roast. It came out so yummy and spicy, and the family loves it! If I'm lucky, I get 2 meals out of it. I make a gravy with the drippings, and sometimes I'll mix in cream or sour cream.

Tartan 04-09-2014 09:34 AM

McCain's extra thin frozen Pizzas. I can get 2 on sale for under $5.00. They have several varieties and because the crust is thin they get nice and crispy on the bottom if you do them right. I do half the time with the pizza pan under and the last half just on the oven rack. Cut in half for my husband and I make a nice lunch.

Jingle 04-09-2014 09:37 AM

Probably Ham and beans with cornbread, I cooked it last Saturday. I might make coleslaw to go with it.

Kimkankwilt 04-09-2014 10:21 AM

Heck, it's only 11:30....I don't think about what's for dinner til around.....dinner time.

Doggramma 04-09-2014 10:49 AM

Yum, these all sound so good! We're having Arby's tonight. I have coupons!

Tomorrow, though, it's back to regular food. Probably steak from our Christmas box of "Omaha steaks", baked sweet potatoes and fresh green beans (I make them an italian way with olive oil and vinegar).