Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's up with shoes these days? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-up-shoes-these-days-t247124.html)

kayluvs2quilt 05-22-2014 09:30 AM

I love my Alegrias ... They are pricey but the support is outstanding, the toe box is wide enough for my bunioned big toes and they don't wear out.

nygal 05-22-2014 10:06 AM

I never enjoyed shoe shopping. I wear size 11M and it is hard to find comfortable shoes for my long toes! I went barefoot around the house for about 15 yrs. and I am paying for it now. I have bad arches and arthritis in both feet and I feel it every day. For the past two years I have been wearing very comfortable, good arch support sandals around the house. I am never barefoot now. Unfortunately, I wear SAS brand shoes. They are very comfortable but not stylish but at this stage of my life I don't care! Comfort is first with me now.

Onebyone 05-22-2014 10:46 AM

The only time I'm shoeless is when I'm showering at home. Shoes are preferred to be worn in my home, I don't want to see your ugly feet or stinky socks. LOL. Being barefoot can cause lots of problems as you age.

busy fingers 05-22-2014 02:31 PM

I find that shoes do not come in half sizes in most brands anymore. I am a definite 7 and a 1/2 size. 7 is too small and 8 is too big.

I am hanging onto the shoes that I have and hope that they do not wear out too quickly. I maybe forced to go barefoot.

Luv Quilts and Cats 05-22-2014 03:04 PM

My last pair of shoes I bought recently were Born. I love them. Clarks too. I have trouble with shoes now as my feet are wider than they used to be. And I can't wear heels anymore.

Jim's Gem 05-22-2014 03:59 PM

I wear SAS shoes. they may not be the prettiest shoes around but except for my Brooks Ariel's, they are the only shoe I can wear comfortably with my orthotics in them. THey are kinda expensive, though. About $120 - $140 a pair.
My Brooks are super cushioned running shoes that are also stabilizers, Unfortunately they run about $140 a pair also. I go cheaper on my clothes, but must wear good shoes if I want to be able to stand or walk. And I am only 53!!!

GrammieJan 05-22-2014 06:13 PM

My feet are long and more narrow than they used to be. I get a good fit with Naturalizer but not Clark's. I mostly wear open toe sandals and most of them want to fall off my feet, very frustrating!

dc989 05-22-2014 06:18 PM

Amen sister! Keens are so comfortable. I love them.

Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant (Post 6724602)
I'm a huge fan of Born, but also really love Keen.

Treasureit 05-22-2014 06:30 PM

I have to wear orthotics now so I have a HUGE problem finding shoes....the last few years I have stayed with Ecco 3 strap sandals...I get several colors and that is my shoe for all occasions. :( This year they changed the height of the heel and I had to adjust to that...but now I like it better. It is good I live in a warm climate or I could be in deep trouble in the snow! LOL

tenngal 05-23-2014 12:36 PM

You're tight - Naturalizer & Hushpuppies have changed size-wise. I've bought Skechers Go Walks for summer and love them.