Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's your favote cookie? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-your-favote-cookie-t257790.html)

nanacc 12-06-2014 05:52 PM

My DH loves the sugar-free chocolate chip that I make for him. I have some old recipes that our family loves...Rum Cookies, Date Drop Cookies, Lemon, then my DD's Neiman Marcus and Soft Ginger Cookies. We do go overboard a little this time of the year!

lynnie 12-06-2014 06:09 PM

carrot cookies sound good for you and super delicious! I could eat a bag worth of those.

OldHairTwister 12-06-2014 08:05 PM

Got out my "old" Betty Crocker Cookbook and for curiosity checked it's Copyright year. 1950!!! When I was a Senior in High School (1961-1962), they got all new BC Cookbooks and gave the seniors the old ones and I use mine to this day!! Am going to try the Molasses Crinkles that were mentioned. Thinking about this made me remember that I won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award at our school that year too. I still have the pin in my memento box. Thanks for listening :o

giquilt 12-06-2014 08:12 PM

I use to like Choc oatmeal the best until I made choc chip cookie dough with peppermint M&Ms. Fantastic!!!!

Anniedeb 12-06-2014 09:13 PM

Not really a cookie eater, but in the late 50's my grandmother used to make us an old fashioned sugar cookie, and it had a bit of lemon in it. She always served it with pineapple juice! Great tasting....and they were usually huge!

chris_quilts 12-06-2014 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldHairTwister (Post 6997739)
Got out my "old" Betty Crocker Cookbook and for curiosity checked it's Copyright year. 1950!!! When I was a Senior in High School (1961-1962), they got all new BC Cookbooks and gave the seniors the old ones and I use mine to this day!! Am going to try the Molasses Crinkles that were mentioned. Thinking about this made me remember that I won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award at our school that year too. I still have the pin in my memento box. Thanks for listening :o

Thanks for the copyright date. I needed that as I have 5 "old" BC cookbooks. I collect them and my kid occasionally find one & gift it to me. DH loves molasses cookies but my favorite are Spritz cookies or DMIL sugar cookies (rolled, cut out & frosted afterwards.) Lots of work but worth it.

Quilting Grandma 12-06-2014 09:24 PM

I too love Mexican Wedding Cakes. My mom always made them. Oh my, that was 30 years ago. The years sure fly. I will be making them this Christmas along with Divinity.

JuneBillie 12-06-2014 09:36 PM

It wasn't a typo! She meant MICE MEAT. How do I know? Our cat had the same recipe! lol........

adamae 12-06-2014 11:26 PM

Frosted cut out sugar cookies year round are my favorite cookies. Am not a fan of choc chip cookies. I will pass them up if any other cookie is available.

JuneBillie 12-07-2014 03:02 AM

Being serious, I love lots of different kinds. My mother use to make some incredible bars she called chess bars. I love butter cookies that are light. I love anything with peanut butter and chocolate hands down. I love cookies that have a layer of caramel on top then coated with chocolate. We buy oatmeal and molasses cookies a lot. I love those chewy coconut cookies. Yum!!