Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's your Other Hobby? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-your-other-hobby-t279272.html)

Watson 06-04-2016 04:21 AM

What's your Other Hobby?

2 Attachment(s)
We are all quilters here and likely spend most of our free time doing that, but what else do you do?

My free time is spent between quilting and my namesake Watson, my horse. We show Dressage, which you can compare to figure skating compulsories....There is a standard test of figures which must be completed at certain points, in the required gait, in an arena within a time frame. Except in dressage, only one of the competitors (the rider) knows the test!

Here he is all dolled up for his show.... [ATTACH=CONFIG]551524[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]551525[/ATTACH]

So...what do you do with your spare time???

Watson

ManiacQuilter2 06-04-2016 04:41 AM

Your baby is beautiful. I use to exercise polo ponies that paid for my college education. I love horse jumping but never got into dressage. I just quilt and nap in my golden years.

orangeroom 06-04-2016 04:41 AM

Wow! He is beautiful! What a fun 'other hobby' to have! My outside life belongs to children, Sophie, husband and full time job. Our children are 24 (expecting in Sept), 21 (just got married last year), and 16 (the only one still at home). Sophie is my burnese mountain dog-she's 4. I love what I do for a living, so I've got many more years of that!

Beautiful pic of you and Watson! Keeping it classy!

quiltbuddy 06-04-2016 05:15 AM

I love your horse, he's very beautiful. Besides quilting I like to do anything fiber related, sewing, weaving on a huge Swedish style loom and spinning yarn straight from the sheep. i did so some rug hooking but found there is just not enough time in the day so I'm trying to concentrate on just the things I love to do.

Geri B 06-04-2016 05:17 AM

He is a handsome steed! Watched a competition once...friend of my dd...quite interesting...so precise...like horse ballet! Dd is not into English....prefers western and all of its aspects......with her flea-bitten (color description) quarter horse, Albadore....

i have but one hobby......quilting. That is enough!

gramajo 06-04-2016 05:29 AM

Watson is beautiful! I've enjoyed gardening for years, but no anymore. Knees won't let me; I can get down but can't get back up. I have some house plants I take care of, but that's the extent of my gardening. I quilt a lot!

susie-susie-susie 06-04-2016 05:49 AM

Watson is beautiful!!!! You must be really proud of him. We used to show POA's (Pony of the Americas) when the kids were small. They can only be shown by children 18 and under. After that my DH realized a dream he has had a long time and became a race horse trainer. He started with hired trainers, but they wouldn't do things his way, so he started training himself. My part of his hobby involved watching the races and betting. He was fairly successful and the last horse he trained has to retire this year. There is a nice article about him on my Facebook page if anyone is interested. Now my only hobby is quilting (I'm getting old) and his hobby is bothering me while I'm quilting (just kidding). I don't consider them a hobby, but my DGKids interest me a lot--no babysitting, they are getting too old.
Sue

Onebyone 06-04-2016 06:22 AM

You have a beautiful horse. Other then quilting, I enjoy baking, reading, going and doing anything outside. And I actually enjoy keeping my home very organized and clean. It's not a chore for me. I love waking up to a clean nice home every morning.

Crqltr 06-04-2016 06:25 AM

I've been working on getting my flower beds looking decent, I am not a big fan of gardening but I like the end results!
I have spent bit of time creating a fairy garden in one of the beds. Still needs work but it's cute, my husband thinks I'm crazy but I just tell him we couldn't afford doll houses when I was growing up! I have all the scrap book tools but haven't done much of that lately....other than that I work part time and nap ...

jbj137 06-04-2016 06:30 AM

*** Read, dance (3 times a month), take care of my yard (1/2 acre), etc.