Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's your secret? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-your-secret-t295767.html)

Kitsie 03-26-2018 03:41 PM

Looks like you never gave it up, Watson! (I live on a horse training facility and grew up dreaming horses.) Was 40 before I got my own!

Jane Quilter 03-26-2018 04:25 PM

I'm a boring person. I'm not even interested in playing such games or knowing such information about people. It like none of my business....or, like I said, I'm just a boring person. But tell me something wonderful about yourself and family and I'm there with all ears and smiling!

bearisgray 03-26-2018 06:12 PM

if i tell, it will not be a secret! :)jj

elnan 03-26-2018 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8029052)
I'm with you ... not a "game" that I would want to be drawn into by chance.

I wouldn't likely humour them by make something up.

However, I might say ... "Oh yes, I have secrets and they will stay just that!"

This seems to have become popular in the last 3 years or so. I do not enjoy it and have never been able to think fast enough to make up answers. The only benefit I ever saw was when a young woman told us she had lost 24 pounds. She has always been reticent And to my eye was attractive, so this was eye-opening. I never thought that there was anything in my life they did not know.

Anniedeb 03-26-2018 06:47 PM

Secret from early work days: Was a leg model for a very brief time. I modeled for a tire company, and my legs were painted gold, wore gold high heels, and only shot from high thigh down. Pictures appeared in tire catalogs. Not salacious, but 99.9% of my friends/family do not know!!

sewingsuz 03-26-2018 07:38 PM

Most people don't know that I wear a 13 medium women shoe and I am 5 ft 8". I hate my feet!!!! Another think about this I wore a 12 when I was 12 yrs old. And at time it was a 4A narrow. This had been a bed thing all my life.

Jan in VA 03-26-2018 07:40 PM

Because we don't really 'know' each other on this site, it's fun to read about the 'secret' lives of the quilting famous. :)It helps to know you better. So mine is, I've had 7 pregnancies, but only 4 live births and two living daughters. These experiences led me into childbirth education, for which I became a Certified Hypnotherapist and EFT Advanced Practitioner. I retired 15 years ago; had a horrid dream about it last night.

Teen 03-26-2018 08:16 PM

I was the poster girl for Tokyo Disneyland when I was 18 years old. Apparently, my face was plastered all over Japan. I still have the photo-shoot proofs somewhere but never got a copy of any of the posters...though I did see them. They made me ride the teacups for one shot and I barfed.... Was not a pretty picture.

zozee 03-26-2018 08:27 PM

I met Agathe von Trapp of the famed von Trapp Family Singers (the eldest, the "real" Liesl). She signed a copy of her book for me. A few years later she passed away about 1/2 hour from my home here in Maryland.

quiltingshorttimer 03-26-2018 09:14 PM

guess my secret is that due to my Dad's career in construction, we moved into some weird situations--including living one summer in a TINY travel trailer (it replaced the pop-up camper that we used for 3 weeks) without a bathroom--so we had a tar paper latrine and bathed in the lake (Ivory soap floats!) and our living room (unless it rained) was a campfire circle outside our door!