Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When your dog wanders off - where does he go? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-your-dog-wanders-off-where-does-he-go-t118834.html)

DogHouseMom 04-25-2011 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let
him out..

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 He's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'

craftybear 04-25-2011 05:50 PM

very cute

lindyline 04-25-2011 05:50 PM

And we can all understand that message. MAde me laugh.Thanks

MawMaw B 04-25-2011 05:54 PM

Sweet story. Made me chuckle and also my daughter and her husband who have 3 dogs.

erstan947 04-25-2011 06:08 PM

LOL

dakotamaid 04-25-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let
him out..

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 He's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'

Growing up in a family of 11 children I think our dog, Scamp, could have related to that one.:)

drivingsusan 04-25-2011 06:14 PM

Very smart dog!!!!

Patti Sue 04-25-2011 06:22 PM

That is so cute!!!!

Oistin 04-25-2011 06:22 PM

Is this really a true story? I am curious? It was really funny. You are a great writer. LOL

I wonder 04-25-2011 06:41 PM

Thank you! I needed a smile this evening!