Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where to find long sleeve flannel shirts for women? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-find-long-sleeve-flannel-shirts-women-t200178.html)

scarlet14 09-13-2012 05:00 AM

if you have a Cabella's close---got me pretty one last year---they had quite a few

damaquilts 09-13-2012 05:08 AM

I understand I am only 5'5" but all the womens shirt sleeves are too short. I also find that most womans shirt are too short also. I want a shirt to hang to at least the top of my thighs not across the middle of my abdomen.. And sewing for myself is a pain also since gravity set in. :)

carolynjo 09-13-2012 05:26 AM

Try a Tractor Supply store or a local Southern States or other supply store for farmers/agriculture workers. My local stores sell Carhart and other brand name clothing that might work.

JaniceP 09-13-2012 05:36 AM

I'm 5'7'' and I found some last year that are long sleeved enough for me at Bass Pro Shop. I haven't looked yet this year. Good Luck.

AlienQuilter 09-13-2012 06:17 AM

Good suggestions about the tractor supply store and Bass Pro Shop - have both near by. Told my DH I'm going shopping for flannel shirts and he wants to go with me. Maybe we will get matching shirts to go with our matching motorcycle jackets! We had a cool day the last time we rode and the cool air went right through the mesh on the jacket. I had on a very thin flannel shirt - women's, but, of course, the sleeves are about 3 inches too short on it.

Browsed through Wal-Mart yesterday through the mens flannel shirts - did not like any of them.

If I find any suitable, I will post where I found them.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Stitchit123 09-13-2012 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by drgranny (Post 5506519)
I just buy mens shirts and alter sleeve length and make side seam into a curved seam.

I do the same thing. I'm only 5' 3 --I don't think height has any thing to do with finding flannel shirts for women.I don't care where you shop.And on the very rare sighting of the elusive FS they show your belly button and cleavage or the fabric is pitifully thin and the selection of colors are pastels whether plain or printed and double the price of a mans shirt made in nice thick heavy duty flannel. And you have a much better selection to choose from. A mans small just fits me so I get a medium so I can taper it to fit my curves.Turn your flannel inside out then lay a blouse you like the fit of on top -trace the shape be sure to leave 1/4 to 1/2 inch so you can serge or do a double seam before cutting.-- Men's flannels are a necessity Women's flannels are considered a fashion..

DACO48 09-13-2012 08:49 PM

Boy do I relate to this. I will be watching for answers. I am 5 foot 12 inches (my DH is 6 foot. . that way he is just a tad taller than I am) and have a 72 inch wingspan. Have you noticed the manufactures charge an extra $20 for an additonal 4 inches of fabric?? I have never been able to get shirts with long enough sleeves and mens shirt tails don't fit my BB. You would have thought by this time I would have gotten used to it,right??

quiltmom04 09-14-2012 06:42 AM

If you don't make clothes, I don't think I'd start with a flannel shirt. Collars and collar bands are hard enough to work with in regular cotton, but the bulk of the flannel makes it a whole different challenge.

Barbshobbies 09-14-2012 03:29 PM

You can find ladies flannel shirts in the Haband catolog @ 110 Bauer Drive, Oakland, NJ 07436 or call for the catolog @ 1.800.742.2263 .
They now have in the catolog I got yesterday, Flannel Shirts on the back cover and reaL cute ones one page 10, in a floral print, but they have snap-front
insted of buttons.

lynnie 09-14-2012 07:02 PM

Catalogs.
I get mine at bobs
I dont need to shorten sleeves, it just keeps on shrinking