Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where are you going for Vacation? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-you-going-vacation-t124596.html)

CoventryUK 05-21-2011 04:13 AM

Johannesburg,South Africa for 3 weeks to visit eldest son and family who moved out there in 2009! Taking other 2 grandaughters (16 and 13) with us!!

earlylace 05-21-2011 04:28 AM

Going to the beach in Maine with the family, DS, DDIL, GS, GD. Renting a house, eat lobster. Leaving home while the kitchen is being re-done, best to get out of here!!!!!

Connie in CO 05-21-2011 04:35 AM

I'm going to Venice Florida next month for two weeks.
Connie in CO

Butterfly Queen 05-21-2011 04:39 AM

England, Wales, and Scotland in July. Getting excited.

Marlys 05-21-2011 06:30 AM

I will drive my daughter back to college in Ohio in August & spend some time exploring the area. I am planning on Niagara Falls & Gettysburgh, but the rest is up in the air at this point.

hikingquilter 05-21-2011 06:58 AM

Going to visit son and family in the Great Smokey Mtns in June. I love it there!

babyfireo4 05-21-2011 07:03 AM

Staycation! Hoping to talk someone into goin to the Shipshewana meet n greet in June.

mosquitosewgirl 05-21-2011 07:26 AM

Every year we go to Hamilton, Montana, so that my husband can go flyfishing. We usually leave mid-week after Father's Day and return mid-July in time for DD summer camp. This year, as he was elected Assessor, he can't leave until July 2...Constitutionally, he has to physically sign the closed property tax roll and turn it over to the County Auditor for processing....so, Grace (DD) and I are taking the trailer and heading to Montana on June 24th. He will fly up on July 2 to join us. I was a very bad wife and said "nope, I need a vacation, too! I'm leaving at the regular time" This was a struggle for my very protective husband, but he got there. LOL

The draw for me is that we camp on the banks of the Bitterroot River and I can paint and crochet and walk and read and swim (4:00 on hot days finds me sitting in my low beach chair, in the river, with mind fodder for reading material and a glass of sauvignon blanc in my hand. It doesn't get much better.
Long answer for a short question.

Kat Sews 05-21-2011 07:48 AM

I had planned on driving out to see my mother in Utah in July, but since husband lost his job that may need to be canceled. I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself. Mom is 84 years old this year and I always wonder when I visit if it will be the last time.

Deara 05-21-2011 08:02 AM

My husband's boss has loaned us the use of his family's huge mountain cabin for a week in mid-July.

We shall visit the local antique stores and enjoy a quiet time away sitting on the front porch rocking away the time.

Blessings,
Sandi