Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who has had the flu shot this year and seem to be sicker than usual (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-has-had-flu-shot-year-seem-sicker-than-usual-t174358.html)

sandybuttons 01-04-2012 08:21 AM

I don't get the shot, have tried twice and each time I got the flu from the shot. I know everyone says you can't get the flu from the shot but I do. Maybe because I have lupus :(

polly13 01-04-2012 08:29 AM

My husband and I had ours in Sept. No problems. He has a bug of some kind now, but obviously not as a result of his flu shot. There are so many strands out there, may not be a result of the shot. Our son was sick last year just after his shot, but no problems this year. Can you imagine what germ warfare would be like? Scary!

BellaBoo 01-04-2012 08:45 AM

I quit getting the flu shots years ago. If my immune system gets weak or compromised then I may reconsider but for now my Dr. said I don't it as I take a statin pill which seems to prevent many flu and colds on it's own. I haven't had the flu or a severe cold since I've started taking the statin some years ago. And I will request the live flu strain, no heavy metal in the live shot.

Glenda m 01-04-2012 03:22 PM

Got a shot last year, first ever, so sick for about a week and a half after. No shot this year and still feeling great. The DH and I usually get a bug along in the spring.

Tink's Mom 01-04-2012 03:30 PM

My doctor explains that you MAY still get the flu...but you will not get as severe of a case if you have had a flu shot. It takes at least 3 -5 weeks to get the full benefit from the shot. Maybe you got sick before it was able to help you.

Tartan 01-04-2012 03:53 PM

I get my flu shot every year. It seems to help ward off my winter bronchitus.

barny 01-04-2012 03:59 PM

I got the flu shot, pneumonia shot, shingles shot and I've had 2 sinus infections or allergies. I've been sick for a month. I'm really getting tired of this. Had one Z-pak and then started mucinex etc. for this one. Still have the cough and runny nose. Oh, well.

Traditional 01-04-2012 05:55 PM

I am so glad this subject came up I am a week into my third sinus infection started in Sept. for a month with non stop coughing. OK for 2-3 wks.sick again, same thing as before no energy after medication and about a month back to normal. Last Sat. I started again I am not sure what is going on if it's all this rain we have had this fall or if this is the new me. I am coughing till I vomit so miserable. I guess I feel better to find out I am not the only one with this problem. Hope we all get back to normal soon.

ljs317 01-05-2012 07:11 AM

Hi
My mom got the shot this year as always and became really sick. her doctor said that there was a storage problem with some of the vaccines and this caused some people to get really sick and a few have died because of it.

Caswews 01-05-2012 07:48 AM

Yikes hope you all get to feeling better - I have not had the flu yet (knock on wood) but always have gotten sicker than a dog (pardon the pun) every year I had one .. so I stopped taking them.