Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who remembers S&H green stamps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-remembers-s-h-green-stamps-t131526.html)

countrycottage 06-18-2011 07:03 PM

Today's post about chenille bedspreads reminded me of the one I had in my room when I was a teenager. Mother got it with S&H Green Stamps (trading stamps). You could get all kinds of things with trading stamps, ranging from toys to linens, to cookware, dishes, lamps, furniture, most anything. After I married and moved to Dallas, we also got Gold Bond stamps and Top Value stamps. My daughter still uses a table lamp that my husband and I got with trading stamps shortly after we were married, and I have several pieces of Revere Ware cookware. In fact my kitchen would have been kind of sparsely furnished back then had it not been for those stamps!

Leota 06-18-2011 07:06 PM

omg... Yes... my mother saved those green stamps
I wish they still gave S&H green stamps ... we could buy things with them and it was almost like getting stuff free...

Dollysquiltingmom 06-18-2011 07:07 PM

LOL I remember all of the ones you listed. :shock: Oh no I am old. LOL

GrandmaJeanne 06-18-2011 07:07 PM

Oh, yes do I remember S & H stamps. We would go out of the stores with rolls and rolls of stamps. You couldn't wait until that book was filled. And yes I bought many of items for the house with these stamps. Oh the memories--

craftybear 06-18-2011 07:08 PM

yes, I remember them when I was home (mom would use them all the time) boy that brings back memories

Originally Posted by countrycottage
Today's post about chenille bedspreads reminded me of the one I had in my room when I was a teenager. Mother got it with S&H Green Stamps (trading stamps). You could get all kinds of things with trading stamps, ranging from toys to linens, to cookware, dishes, lamps, furniture, most anything. After I married and moved to Dallas, we also got Gold Bond stamps and Top Value stamps. My daughter still uses a table lamp that my husband and I got with trading stamps shortly after we were married, and I have several pieces of Revere Ware cookware. In fact my kitchen would have been kind of sparsely furnished back then had it not been for those stamps!

Nanamoms 06-18-2011 07:10 PM

Oh, yes, I remember S&H green stamps. And Top Value. Back then you had to "lick" them to put them in the books (or wet with something). We got the greatest things with them!

deenatoo 06-18-2011 07:11 PM

Yes...I remember mom getting them. I would always fill the books for her. Those and yellow stamps too....

MissSandra 06-18-2011 07:11 PM

I remember and blue chip stamps

Maureen 06-18-2011 07:11 PM

My Mom saved Green Stamps and yellow Top Value stamps. We got all kinds of suff with them. The one I remember most was a Sunburst clock. My Mother loved that clock.

isnthatodd 06-18-2011 07:11 PM

I remember buying a clock after we were married that we kept for years. Mostly I remember how bad they tasted when we licked them to glue them in. Too impatient to wait to get a sponge or wet cloth!