Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who would you lunch/ dinner with if you had the chance? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-would-you-lunch-dinner-if-you-had-chance-t202934.html)

Chasing Hawk 10-12-2012 09:36 AM

My Gram and my Aunt Christine. My Aunt would have to translate the conversation. Because my Gram only spoke in Ojibwae, the language of the Saginaw Chippewa.

Russel Means and Leonard Peltier along with Dennis Banks, now that would be some interesting dinner conversation.

Tommy Lee Jones and Sam Elliot (I would be at the table wearing a drool cloth over my shoulder)......LOL

Learner747 10-12-2012 09:49 AM

I asked my DH the question and he said, "You." What a nice dinner he is going to get tonight.:)
Since I am already having lunch with him, I would say Jesus, the King of kings, my GC, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo, Pat Robertson, and Billy Graham.

Retired Fire Chief 10-12-2012 10:23 AM

Like others, my first thought was Jesus, but I talk to him all the time. I also thought of relatives that have passed, but I will be with them again some day. So more than others, I would love to have a chance to talk and listen to the young man that gave my husband his heart.

Stitch124 10-12-2012 10:31 AM

Mom and Dad. I lost Dad when he was 47 and I was 15. He was the love of my life.....:-(

maryellen2u 10-12-2012 11:21 AM

I have a huge family with lots of nieces and nephews spread all over the country. I would love to have an event with them all there with my brothers and sisters (12 of us) with my deceased parents and grandparents. I still miss my Mom and Grandma so much. It would be amazing to dine with Jesus. I also think I would enjoy eating with a great author like John Steinbeck or Pearl Buck. Very good question! Thanks for asking.

Ladibug 10-12-2012 11:44 AM

My son who I lost 6 1/2 yrs ago.

jodyma 10-12-2012 12:07 PM

Wow, these answers are so heart rending. My answer would be
1. My precious family on earth
2. My precious family in Heaven
3. Jesus Christ
4. Crazy Horse
5. Hazel of the '60's sitcom to clean up and straighten out 1 and 2(mostly 2)

charlottemarie 10-12-2012 12:49 PM

I would like to meet my father. He took his own life at 24 and I was just a baby. I attend our family reunion every year and I take the only known photo of him that my cousin so graciously traced down for me. I'd like to know why and I would just love to have some time with him.

dreamboat 10-12-2012 01:10 PM

My mother, my father, both grandmothers, and both grandfathers.

CarolinePaj 10-12-2012 02:03 PM

Of course I would love to have that time with my Dad, Mum and sweet brother..... But if we had to choose non related people I would have......

1. Anne Boleyn
2. Marilyn Monroe
3. Queen Elizabeth I
4. Stephen Fry
5. Jane Austin
6. Elton John

an interesting mix???????

hugs

Caroline