Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who's Flying?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whos-flying-t92219.html)

livenlearn124 01-20-2011 11:25 AM

I've yet to fly..but I'm fluttering :)

whinnytoo 01-20-2011 11:39 AM

I dont 'fling' anything......... in fact alot of my quilting friends give me their fabric leftovers which get made into charity quilts, pet quilts, whatever....... if I cant use it, someone else can.

luvTooQuilt 01-20-2011 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
I dont 'fling' anything......... in fact alot of my quilting friends give me their fabric leftovers which get made into charity quilts, pet quilts, whatever....... if I cant use it, someone else can.

Ditto..!!! I would love some 'flung' my way.. I make charity quilts..

quiltingfan 01-20-2011 12:05 PM

Yes I am a flybaby and I love the site. So helpful to have the house broken down into manageable pieces. Some things you have to take with a grain of salt and remember what is chaos and clutter to others is not necessarily clutter to us. But if anyone really wants to fling there stash I will help them (they can send it to me) .... LOL

Scissor Queen 01-20-2011 12:09 PM

I tried it years ago but she kept insisting I had to wear shoes. In the house.

kathy 01-20-2011 12:09 PM

kewl, thanks or explaining

Ramona Byrd 01-20-2011 12:55 PM

Yes, and she did insist that we all wear lace up shoes. First I laughed, then after I broke my ankle badly, now I HAVE to wear lace up boots that help keep my ankle upright. Ok to wear others for an hour or so but at the expense of a lot of pain later.

Flylady is my heroine, have one of her stick-ones on my fridge front. The ONLY one there, except for the calendar on the side with a grocery list beside it. Only one thing on top of the fridge.

I'm still de-cluttering and to my surprise, my small house has gotten larger. 15 minutes at a time, I'm working on getting unneeded objects out of my life. That does include some fabrics I hate, some sewing stuff I'll never use (Pretty Punch threads, etc) and lots of other little stuff that adds up to masses of stuff I've never used, will not ever use, don't know why I got it in the first place. Now it's going to bless someone else.

DogHouseMom 01-20-2011 12:59 PM

I fly with everything else in my life except dogs and quilting.

ann clare 01-20-2011 02:31 PM

I need to sign up.

ptquilts 01-20-2011 04:16 PM

I used to be bad at keeping (useless) items because you never know when you might need them. Then I talked to an older friend of mine who had just cleaned out her elderly mother's house after her death. Her mother had a large house and there was one room that was just full of JARS.
After that, I imagine what people will think of my junk if I should go, when I picture them rolling their eyes and shaking their heads, it's enough to make me throw out the junk.