Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why did they pick my yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-did-they-pick-my-yard-t192999.html)

marymay 06-29-2012 04:37 AM

So cute.Please take care of them. Feed Mama. She will take care of them. I hope.

oleganny 06-29-2012 06:38 AM

I hate to say it, but we are rural & "bunnies" are destructive to our garden, & a real nuisance. One of the dogs searches out the nests & eats the bunnies - we call them "bunnie sliders". The other 2 dogs chase them, but quit as soon as the rabbit hits the tall weeds. It is a constant battle saving our veggies from them.

Shirley in Indiana

wolph33 06-29-2012 06:40 AM

awe so cute.we had baby bunnies 2 years ago-they are still hanging around.we feed them in the winter to help them.We have 5.3 acres out of town and have all kinds of critters.

anniesews 06-29-2012 07:46 AM

We had a nest of baby bunnies and I never was able to see when the mom came to feed them. It was so fun to see them grow and start to run away.

bearisgray 06-29-2012 08:18 AM

One of my male cats brought in a baby bunny - the bunny was still fine - made Bear give it up and let the bunny go.

Ever notice that a cat carries dead prey the same way it carries a kitten? By the scruff of the neck?

DeAnne-Mn. 06-29-2012 08:50 AM

What a cute story. Our Lab would steal baby chicks out of the heated box we keep them in for the first week. He was very gentle with them but wanted them on his rug where he slept.

sgardner 06-29-2012 09:15 AM

When I was still living with my parents, many years ago, a mouse had made it's nest in a tuff of grass she brought from the rest of the field right beneath our tomato plant in our garden. As I was weeding, I disturbed the "pinkies" and then momma mouse came and grabbed them one by one while I was working to carry them off to a new spot. It was so neat to see, and it's funny how you feel protective of babies even though as adults, we would celebrate when the cats would eat them. It's my philosophy that there's room enough in nature for all of us, even when I didn't like mice in our house or rabbits in my garden.

RugosaB 06-29-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by oleganny (Post 5325716)
I hate to say it, but we are rural & "bunnies" are destructive to our garden, & a real nuisance. One of the dogs searches out the nests & eats the bunnies - we call them "bunnie sliders". The other 2 dogs chase them, but quit as soon as the rabbit hits the tall weeds. It is a constant battle saving our veggies from them.

Shirley in Indiana

We are rural too, and about 12-15 years ago we put up a privacy fence. My thinking it, there's not much else I can do. If something comes under the fence, it's on it's own. Just yesterday the dogs got bunny #6 this year.
I don't think there's much else I can do except remember, survival of the fittest

When I bred these dogs, my goal was to breed a basenji that would survive on it's own if in the wilds of Africa, getting my start from a vet who raised them with the motto, 'breeding the functional basenji'

I learned something last year, skunks can climb wooden privacy fences! And woodchucks can dig under. And sometimes, I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, squirrels fall out of trees

Aren't baby bunnies the cutest?

CraftyCricket 06-29-2012 01:09 PM

Awwwww they are so cute!

zennia 06-29-2012 03:32 PM

So cute. Thanks for sharing.