Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why do the cats do this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-do-cats-do-t204338.html)

Knitnoid 10-26-2012 09:19 PM

They are doing Quality Control.

Mom is a quilter
Her quilt needs my approval
I must lay on it

Seven is QC
Approving quilts is her task
Hair removal mine

I've had several Quality Control Cats. One time Fluffy was asleep in the bed room when my mom was over. I brought several quilt tops into the living room and before I got the first one shook out, she was under it! Seven is my current cat. When I have blocks laid out on the floor, or more recently a quilt top since I now have a design wall, if she doesn't lay down on the quilt blocks/top, I know she doesn't like it.

Quiltaddict 10-26-2012 11:50 PM

Don't know but that was the main reason that I bought a design wall. I could never lay anything out on the floor, my cat was right in the middle of it rearranging my blocks.

Wendys Quilts 10-27-2012 02:13 AM

Lol. My cat still likes to rearrange my blocks on my design wall lol. He sees me putting them up, I see him batting them down lol

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict (Post 5615361)
Don't know but that was the main reason that I bought a design wall. I could never lay anything out on the floor, my cat was right in the middle of it rearranging my blocks.

Rose Marie 10-27-2012 06:39 AM

Mine spent the night tearing all the batting out of a quilt I had attached to the long arm.
He also will lay on the fabric that Im cutting on my mat.
They do love quilts as the best place to lay.
But he also worries about me when I sneeze and comes running.

Maribeth 10-27-2012 07:26 AM

Well to begin with she is helping, :) and I just wanted to say to you how lucky you are to have your tortie w/you. I miss my Ellie so much and it has been over 18 months. The other cats are great, but when you have been loved by tortie you really know love. I believe she is just showing you how much she loves being with you and if this is what you are doing she will be right there with you.

SherriB 10-27-2012 08:02 AM

I have no idea but my kitty does the same thing. Must be an ancient instinct in kitties.:)

Chasing Hawk 10-27-2012 10:36 AM

Kola usually stays off my current projects. She has taken to using my LA as her personal hammock. So I keep a sheet over my work. She does love to mess with paper patterns, you know the ones from McCall's, Simplicity etc...

If I have a large project going on in my main sewing room. I will close the door in the evening when I am done. Because who knows what cats do when we are sleeping.

GrandmaNewt 10-27-2012 10:39 AM

I have 3 cats. One likes to lay on my folded piles of fabric that are sitting there waiting to be cut. One likes to try and lay on the fabric on the cutting mat as I am cutting it. The kitten has decided that it is his job lay on, jump on, crawl under, pull and tug on the actual work in progress. It took me THREE DAYS to put a simple border on my latest quilt top because of all his help. I can't even begin to imagine how fun it is going to be to get this sandwiched and basted.

Dolphyngyrl 10-27-2012 06:56 PM

Cat's love anything off limits, The M markings on their heads stand for mischievious

icon17 10-27-2012 07:13 PM

I have One Idea! Could It Be that ALL theses CATS are Really Just (Now this Only Applys to those Who believe in Reincarnation!) QUILTERS Who have Gone to The Big LQS in the SKY?
I'm Just Saying LOL