Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why I like QB and small vent (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-i-like-qb-small-vent-t137811.html)

aliaslaceygreen 07-16-2011 06:55 AM

Been there, done that. I left one board where you would get handslapped for daring to wish someone happy birthday --you were supposed to send a PM not to the board...same with someone who mentioned they had a sick family member...they could MENTION the sickness, but all RESPONSES, well wishes etc were to be PM'd...
and you were called out on it...

buh bye, then!

Glenda m 07-16-2011 07:02 AM

First of all: Thanks to the moderators that take their time and "lots of effort" to help keep this board the way it is. I have problems posting in the right place at times and have always had informative comments from the moderator to help me.
Now: Isn't this board the greatest!!! I don't think there is a 'problem' that someone can't help with.
Yeah to everyone here!!

newquilter10 07-16-2011 08:19 AM

You did the right thing, just let it go. This is an awesome place to be. Everyone here is so helpful and I have learned a lot from the quilters here.

Linda

dublb 07-16-2011 11:45 AM

Our gain & their loss!! :)

Sandra in Minnesota 07-16-2011 12:30 PM

This is a great site.

Weenween 07-16-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
Why I like QB. There is room for everyone here. You can have a conversation. Members can take what they want and leave the rest. Kudos to the moderators.

I belong, make that belonged, to another quite large online group, that I had stopped checking for a while because the same topics were coming up over and over again with the same replies and there was nothing that I felt I could contribute to with my take or experiences. Recently I started checking again and saw a post about a certain quilting tool having been a bad investment. There were various responses to this so I jumped in with my comments which were on topic and no longer than any others I've read on the site and received an email from the "owner" of the site saying essentially that my post was too long and repetitive. Over the course of the years I was with that group, I think I only posted about 2 dozen times, because I prefer to post something that adds to the conversation, not a repeat of something already said. The same is true here with the exception being to welcome new members. There the more welcomes the better IMHO.

I thought about responding to the moderator's email pointing out the discrimination as my response was no different from many others to other topics and decided that it just wasn't worth the effort. I just removed myself from the group. But it still rankles. End of rant.

Thanks for listening. I just had to get it out of my system.

I JUST LOVE THIS BOARD MY DAUGHTER KEEPS TELLING ME MOM YOU ARE ADDICTED TO THAT QUILTING BOARD I TOLD HER I COULD BE ADDICTED TO LOTS WORSE THINGS IN LIFE.

Buckeye Rose 07-16-2011 01:52 PM

there are so many people who post replies, that sometimes it is near impossible to be original! By the time you have typed up your "original" reply, someone else who types faster has already done it. I just think of it as "great minds think the same things".

JoanneS 07-16-2011 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta

Originally Posted by Judith1005
welcome, i haven't belonged to the quilting board here very long. but everyone here is so nice and welcoming. and, they are a wealth of information. i hope you like it here. :D

Hi guys,
Thanks for making me feel better! I've been with QB for almost a year and basically now spend most of my online group time with you. I just felt bad about the other group, because it was one I had started with way before I found QB. Their loss I say. LOL

I agree - it's their loss!

chickadeee55 07-16-2011 03:41 PM

It was probably time for a change, a good change, QB.

MargeD 07-16-2011 03:57 PM

Well, I'm glad you're here. I can't get out too often because of arthritis issues, and I have found QB to be a wonderful way to meet and speak with other quilters, as well as get to see a quilt show almost every day. I know I've vented a time or two and am guilty of some lengthy responses, but so far no one has complained. However, if I am too lengthy, please, please let me know.