Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why I Need to Get Taller (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-i-need-get-taller-t106085.html)

shawnemily 03-09-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd

Originally Posted by Dixie1954
wow.. what will people think when they drive by and we are all in the playground hanging upside down.

--------------------------
That all quilters are batty!!!

Think on that for a moment!!

ROFLMBO!!!
You are sooo funny!

purple_butterfly 03-09-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey

Originally Posted by clair
I'd love to join you ,but not sure my bent knees would hold me. I'am 5ft 3in always wanted to be 6ft. Maybe swinging from. the monkey bars would do it. LOL

Repeat after me (5'10").....It's easier to hem pants than find them long enough!!!!! 6' is just too tall!!!!! (unless you're OK with living in men's clothes, that is.....)

Definitely too tall! I'm 6' tall and very thin and I've always had trouble finding pants or sleeves long enough for me. I can't buy pants or jeans straight off the rack because they just don't fit. It's very frustrating. I can't wear shoes with heels either :?

I would gladly swap some of my height for some weight ;-)

Aurora 03-09-2011 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pam S
Like a lot of women my age, I'm having a little trouble with "middle age spread". I recently read an article that said to avoid heart disease your waist measurement should be no more that half your height. I did some measuring and some quick calculations and decided that I don't need to get slimmer - I just need to get taller. So I'm canceling the gym membership and from now on you'll find me at the playground hanging by my ankles from the monkeybars!

Just picturing that sure makes me happy I live in South Central Kentucky -- a safe zone at a distance of 230 mile m/l.

tdgiffin 03-09-2011 04:37 AM

Lol me too.

smagruder 03-09-2011 04:51 AM

If those calculations are true..... I am taller than 7 ft. 8 inches. Meeting you at the monkey bars.

QBeth 03-09-2011 05:00 AM

One of the best comedy lines I've ever heard is from the show Cheers. Forgive me if I don't get it quite right...

As he walks in, someone asks "what are you up to, Norm?" He answers, "My proper weight if I was 11 feet tall!"

About sums it up, doesn't it?!

Midwestmary 03-09-2011 05:31 AM

I always knew that my problem with spread had nothing to do with what I ate - now I know the answer....I just need to get taller!!! You guys just made my day :)

nannya54 03-09-2011 06:31 AM

My "pear" has turned into an "apple" but that's still considered a "shape" so I'm in shape.

barb55 03-09-2011 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd

Originally Posted by Dixie1954
wow.. what will people think when they drive by and we are all in the playground hanging upside down.

--------------------------
That all quilters are batty!!!

Think on that for a moment!!

You're sharp

Para722 03-09-2011 07:46 AM

It is going to get very busy at the playground. See you all there.