Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Will this item sell at craft fair? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/will-item-sell-craft-fair-t255158.html)

pegquilter8 10-13-2014 06:06 AM

Go for it. I would definitely buy one. How much? Serious. You can send me a pm if you do not want to advertize on the site.

Neesie 10-13-2014 06:33 AM

They're awfully cute but to be honest, I'd only be interested in them if the squares are actual works of some sort. Counted cross stitch? Definitely! Actual pieced quilting? Couldn't resist them!! Embroidery? You betcha!!! However, if they're just printed pictures, I'd sadly pass them by.

gramma nancy 10-13-2014 08:42 AM

I'd buy one!

slbram17 10-13-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6925663)
Very cute! Whether or not they will sell depends on lots of factors. Price, venue, customer base, competition.... Craft/art fairs are difficult to figure out, what sells out in no time at one craft fair may not sell at all at the next one. All you can do is give it a try & see how it goes.

I agree, it is hard to predict. I used to be a vendor at an annual craft fair, and it was always surprising what would be an instant sensation. I sold painted items and did ok most of the time. But one year, a mother and daughter brought several heating corn bags and sold them so fast, they had to leave and go get more. They did not decorate their space or anything, just used the table given and laid the bags out. People went crazy over them. But the next year, they couldn't sell them at all.

Never know what the mood of the customer will be. I quit doing them and never looked back.

Serita

Jingle 10-13-2014 01:14 PM

Very cute. Craft fairs around here have been out for some time.

tenngal 10-13-2014 01:25 PM

I love the look - good job!

ube quilting 10-13-2014 01:48 PM

Very nice. I also like the one on the right. That bead chain is very popular now and has a heavier look to it which I like.

I would put a few in my jewelry case. $$$$$ ?????
peace

indymta 10-13-2014 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6925663)
Very cute! Whether or not they will sell depends on lots of factors. Price, venue, customer base, competition.... Craft/art fairs are difficult to figure out, what sells out in no time at one craft fair may not sell at all at the next one. All you can do is give it a try & see how it goes.

I think she is so right but saying that I love your necklaces and would probably by one if I saw it!

ppquilter 10-14-2014 05:57 AM

I have a small xmas tree up in my sewing rm year round and think these would be great as ornaments on a tree like mine!. Hard to find sew/quilt ornaments for my tree. Good luck!

sewbizgirl 10-14-2014 06:12 AM

At a quilt show, or in an area where quilting is really popular, they would probably sell. Elsewhere, maybe not so much.