Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will this item sell at craft fair?

Will this item sell at craft fair?

I made these and a friend suggested having a craft booth with her at a fair. Not sure if they will sell. What do you think? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think most quilter's would love them! I like the last one on the right!!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    Very cute! Whether or not they will sell depends on lots of factors. Price, venue, customer base, competition.... Craft/art fairs are difficult to figure out, what sells out in no time at one craft fair may not sell at all at the next one. All you can do is give it a try & see how it goes.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Worth a try at least. Good luck.

Can you share the space? That is they way I find always when testing the water with an new item.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

They are very cute, I think your price point will be the biggest factor on if they will sell or not. worth a try if you are able to share to space with someone.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries
    I like them--give them a try--are these fabric pieces ? One year the ladies were wearing those tiny scraps quilts that were made into pins--just lovely and so tiny.

It's well worth a try -- they're adorable!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billi View Post
    They are very cute, I think your price point will be the biggest factor on if they will sell or not. worth a try if you are able to share to space with someone.
    Ditto. Price point makes it or breaks it for me no matter how cute. I hope they all sell and that you have fun making them. Very pretty.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Hi,
    I was recently in an upscale boutique in a fashionable little town in Florida. They were selling keys on ball chains, for $38.00 to $68.00 !!!!! They just had fancy names like "Wishing Keys" and "The Key to my Heart" If the can get away with that, your beautiful and jewelry will certainly make a ton of money. It sure is pretty. Give it some catchy names!

I think they will sell. If they are expensive, make sure you have some cheaper, bread and butter items as well, so that the day is not a total loss if they don't move.

I'm kinda of tight and I know I would certainly buy one. I've just seen the necklaces made out of belt buckles at a craft store and they are neat too.

Give it a Try.... You could have an " on the Hour Special and sell one for Reg. price and 1/2 off on the Second" or buy 2 and get the Third one for 1/2 off.... Shoppers like deals... and you are still selling and getting the word out about your Pretty pendants...
    Friend who can share your laughter and tears are the only ones you need.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Better make a few more. Really cute.

They are very pretty but it is always hard to say what will sell and what won't. If you had them at a quilt show I'm sure they would be gone in a flash.
    Pat

I love them! There isn't much I would buy at a craft fair anymore (I have enough "stuff"), but I would buy one of those, as long as it wasn't too pricy!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

If they don't move at a craft show, give the LQS or a Quilt show a try. They're cute!

I really like them, I think even non-quilters would like them too. You might even think of selling/consigning them with a small boutique/accessory shop. A lot of accessories and such are really badly made/mass produced, yours are quite unique.

I really like them - I love the "old" look of the last one on the right. That would be my first pick!

They would be dynamite on etsy. Post them - I'll buy!

Go for it. I would definitely buy one. How much? Serious. You can send me a pm if you do not want to advertize on the site.
    Each project adds to my stash of knowledge. Love sharing the results with anyone who'll look.

They're awfully cute but to be honest, I'd only be interested in them if the squares are actual works of some sort. Counted cross stitch? Definitely! Actual pieced quilting? Couldn't resist them!! Embroidery? You betcha!!! However, if they're just printed pictures, I'd sadly pass them by.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I'd buy one!
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    Very cute! Whether or not they will sell depends on lots of factors. Price, venue, customer base, competition.... Craft/art fairs are difficult to figure out, what sells out in no time at one craft fair may not sell at all at the next one. All you can do is give it a try & see how it goes.
    I agree, it is hard to predict. I used to be a vendor at an annual craft fair, and it was always surprising what would be an instant sensation. I sold painted items and did ok most of the time. But one year, a mother and daughter brought several heating corn bags and sold them so fast, they had to leave and go get more. They did not decorate their space or anything, just used the table given and laid the bags out. People went crazy over them. But the next year, they couldn't sell them at all.

Never know what the mood of the customer will be. I quit doing them and never looked back.

Serita

Very cute. Craft fairs around here have been out for some time.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast