Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Willpower Yes or No (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/willpower-yes-no-t78627.html)

wanna be quilter 11-25-2010 05:32 AM

I have good willpower over most things, but have none whatsoever when a bar or box of chocolates comes into the house, I must finish the lot, so my husband is warned to only buy small. What do you other posters have no willpower over ? :-) :-) :-)

debbieumphress 11-25-2010 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NO willpower here either. Bought two boxes of chocolate covered cherries. One box gone the first day. Trying my best not to open the second. Candy bars can sit here all week, not the bug boxes like Geradeli, Russell Stover's. ROFL.
I also have no will power over potato chips, they don't last long here. Basically, if truth be told, I only have willpower over Healthy foods.

dakotamaid 11-25-2010 05:39 AM

Potato chips and cheese favorite popcorn, can't stop eating once the bag is open!

Missysgottohelp 11-25-2010 05:45 AM

Did someone say chocolate? Love chocolate! I have it hidden all over my house. LOL. I recently found out by accident that regular size candy bars fit in a empty check blank box perfectly. LOL. In my house if I leave any candy out in the open it's gone.

litacats 11-25-2010 05:48 AM

Hi my name is Lita. I am a chochoholic.
I love chocolate I will eat a whole bar in 1 sitting be it a small bar or the great big one, if I am really good I can stretch a big bar to last all day, I have to be so careful when I go shopping and I have to use great willpower to avoid the lolly section.
BUT then they put them at the checkout how dare they test my willpower so much :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

dsb38327 11-25-2010 05:49 AM

Dove's chocolates. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarrieAnne 11-25-2010 05:54 AM

OHHHHHHHH, Doves for me too! The ones in the blue bag, NOT the dark chocolate!

Pam B 11-25-2010 06:22 AM

pecan pie...my absolute favorite! Everytime I walk past it, I will slice off just a little sliver....amazing how many times I have to walk past it! Very embarrasing when it comes time to serve it and there is only a tiny bit left! Needless to say, if it is not in the house, I won't eat it. So, I did not buy one (nor am I baking one) this holiday season.

cjomomma 11-25-2010 06:31 AM

I used to not have any will power at all when it came to chocolate anything. But now I am incontrol and can pass up the candy aisle, B-day cakes, pies and anything sweet. I got the power to walk away and I love it.

renee765 11-25-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Missysgottohelp
I recently found out by accident that regular size candy bars fit in a empty check blank box perfectly. LOL. In my house if I leave any candy out in the open it's gone.

Dang! I wish I'd known this several years ago when the kids were young and still at home. They discovered all my hiding places, except one - the vegetable bin in the refrigerator.