Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   winter is here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/winter-here-t234214.html)

wolph33 11-07-2013 07:22 AM

winter is here

2 Attachment(s)
this is a view of our snow.

gramajo 11-07-2013 07:49 AM

Pictures are beautiful. The first snow of the year always is. It's just in Jan. and Feb. it's not so pretty anymore. lol

thimblebug6000 11-07-2013 08:13 AM

Brrr! Looks like a quilting day.

Crqltr 11-07-2013 08:21 AM

Keep it there please!

quiltstringz 11-07-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr (Post 6392088)
Keep it there please!

I agree. We were complaining because we had to turn our heat on for a little bit last night and first thing this morning. Luckily it is warming up quickly outside.

BellaBoo 11-07-2013 10:56 AM

Goodness! My ac is still turned on. I don't like cold air but I like snow. I don't have to get out in it anymore so I can enjoy it now.

Retired Fire Chief 11-08-2013 04:11 AM

Pretty, but looks cold. I love it when we have a moist snow that sticks to the trees but hate when it breaks the branches, especially in some of the beautiful pines or when it so deep and heavy I have to waddle out and shake it off the branches that are blocking the tv dish.

Edie 11-08-2013 04:49 AM

It's heeeerrrre!!!!!

I was in Wisconsin on Wednesday heading home to Minnesota. I-94, trucks and cars whizzing by and this was my very first time on the freeway (#1 husband was my chauffeur for 53 years - I was his cook - ha ha) and even though it was beautiful with the hoarfrost it was a little scary. By the time we hit the Minnesota border it was like night and day - three inches more of snow and I realized - "It's Heeerrrre"!

I am now going to cozy up to a sewing machine, let the winter go by (I hired a snow shoveler). I saw a sign at a quilt shop in Osseo, Wisconsin, I think it was, that was painted on a winter blue painted board and it said "Let it Snow - Let me Sew". And that is exactly what I am going to do - all winter long! I am going to print a blue saying on a piece of paper from the printer that I will tape on my window - Let it Snow - Let me Sew!

All I can say is Bundle Up, Keep Warm, make soup and sew. And maybe a nice glass of Mead or a body-warming glass of wine!

Carpe Diem! Edie

gramacheri 11-08-2013 05:01 AM

Looks Beautiful! Wish we had some here but it seems to be a way off yet. I will enjoy yours.

coopah 11-08-2013 06:06 AM

Wolph33, those are beautiful pictures. Are you ready for it, though? (Winter?) I grew up near Lake Erie. Thought nothing of winter as a kid, but wouldn't want to live there anymore. Hope you like winter and have lots of projects lined up. Weather here right now is like most other people's summer. I can actually get out and do yard work! Not too much sewing going on here.