Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Winter's Last Gasp! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/winters-last-gasp-t216704.html)

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-18-2013 09:36 AM

Winter's Last Gasp!

Well, I guess I'll be inside quilting tomorrow. We are supposed to get 8 - 14 inches of heavy wet snow starting tonight right through tomorrow night. One last gasp before Spring! I hope! Maybe I'll start a Spring Wall Hanging or lapb quilt tomorrow.

Jan in VA 03-18-2013 09:42 AM

Looks like it all went north to your area as we didn't get the sleet and rain we were expecting for early this morning apparently. We have some pink trees in bloom, daffies poking up, and maples budding here in central VA. There is hope!! Stay warm!

Jan in VA

quilter1 03-18-2013 01:12 PM

It is blowing like crazy here too, and the snow is starting. Guess old man winter has a bit more punch in him. My rhubarb is just beginning to poke through the ground though- there is hope!!

nygal 03-18-2013 01:15 PM

We are suppose to get up to 7 inches. I am more than ready for SPRING!!!

auntpiggylpn 03-18-2013 01:21 PM

We got freezing drizzle last nite and it drizzled today. Temp will be high of 20 tomorrow with high winds. I'm not going to go out and slide everywhere! My Pomeranian Toby Bean had trouble walking across the patio this morning. The shepherds didn't have any problems though!

Ashjoy 03-18-2013 01:23 PM

I'm in PA and its been snowing all afternoon here, we have about 2 inches already.

irishrose 03-18-2013 02:22 PM

We're looking at 6" here in the next 48 hours, which isn't much if it wasn't so close to spring. Last year it was 82 degrees on this date - but that really wasn't good - it damaged so many crops. I'm hoping for a gradual warm up after this one passes through. Dreamer. LOL

QuiltnNan 03-18-2013 02:43 PM

we had a blizzard this morning and the forecast is for below freezing daily highs for the next two weeks. the normal daily average highs are the mid forties.... sigh.

Joset 03-18-2013 02:46 PM

well have fun we just got shoveled out from a 2 and one half day storm i am hopeing this is
the last one this year

GrandmaPeggy 03-18-2013 03:46 PM

We are so sorry you have snow, sleet and ice. It seems that the Northeast has had more than its share of nasty visits from Mother Nature. Come to see us and visit our quilt shops. The weather is wonderful now.

We broke a record high today in Houston, TX....89 degrees, which is our usual high in late May. Spring is here already. Everything is blooming. It is beautiful, but we know what is coming.

Please remember us when July 4th - Sept. 2, we have 100 degree + temperatures (and probably continue with our drought). We like the mild winters, but the summers are literally killers for some. We thank God for a/c here, but have been reading about the possible outages that may occur this summer. Population growth has been too great for the utility companies to keep up ..... "that's their story and they are sticking to it."

We'll put out the Welcome mat!!!