Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winter's Last Gasp!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar

Winter's Last Gasp!

Well, I guess I'll be inside quilting tomorrow. We are supposed to get 8 - 14 inches of heavy wet snow starting tonight right through tomorrow night. One last gasp before Spring! I hope! Maybe I'll start a Spring Wall Hanging or lapb quilt tomorrow.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Looks like it all went north to your area as we didn't get the sleet and rain we were expecting for early this morning apparently. We have some pink trees in bloom, daffies poking up, and maples budding here in central VA. There is hope!! Stay warm!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    It is blowing like crazy here too, and the snow is starting. Guess old man winter has a bit more punch in him. My rhubarb is just beginning to poke through the ground though- there is hope!!

We are suppose to get up to 7 inches. I am more than ready for SPRING!!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    We got freezing drizzle last nite and it drizzled today. Temp will be high of 20 tomorrow with high winds. I'm not going to go out and slide everywhere! My Pomeranian Toby Bean had trouble walking across the patio this morning. The shepherds didn't have any problems though!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I'm in PA and its been snowing all afternoon here, we have about 2 inches already.

Blog Entries
    We're looking at 6" here in the next 48 hours, which isn't much if it wasn't so close to spring. Last year it was 82 degrees on this date - but that really wasn't good - it damaged so many crops. I'm hoping for a gradual warm up after this one passes through. Dreamer. LOL

Blog Entries
    we had a blizzard this morning and the forecast is for below freezing daily highs for the next two weeks. the normal daily average highs are the mid forties.... sigh.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

well have fun we just got shoveled out from a 2 and one half day storm i am hopeing this is
    the last one this year

We are so sorry you have snow, sleet and ice. It seems that the Northeast has had more than its share of nasty visits from Mother Nature. Come to see us and visit our quilt shops. The weather is wonderful now.

We broke a record high today in Houston, TX....89 degrees, which is our usual high in late May. Spring is here already. Everything is blooming. It is beautiful, but we know what is coming.

Please remember us when July 4th - Sept. 2, we have 100 degree + temperatures (and probably continue with our drought). We like the mild winters, but the summers are literally killers for some. We thank God for a/c here, but have been reading about the possible outages that may occur this summer. Population growth has been too great for the utility companies to keep up ..... "that's their story and they are sticking to it."

We'll put out the Welcome mat!!!

Yes, I am hopeful that I have a snow day and can quilt tomorrow too! But the weather channel says there also may be another storm next week. One snow day would be fine with me. It's hard to make them up in June.

I am so sick of winter! I left Iowa in 1996 to live in Louisville, KY. Now I'm back in Iowa. It's 27 in Iowa, we had snow this morning! It's 50 in Louisville!!

Blog Entries
    I would love to have at least 1 true winter....was up in the 80's already here in central Texas

Started snowing here about 4:00 in Reading,Pa.
    Possibly up to 3" before turning to all rain......looks lovely here 6 1/2 hrs later !!
    lp

If there was a way to ship some of the snow and sleet the areas up North are getting to Texas...we could erase this dought we have been for the last several years...GrandmaPeggy is very correct...wait until the summer, again the 100 plus weather will get here...and the rain won't, but I have to always remember that the Lord has HIS plan...and we simply need to wait...for those few sprinkles of wet...all of you have a wonderful week...and may the Lord bless and keep you all...

I spent a long weekend in Binghamton with my eldest daughter - on the bus back to Long island, the storm was practically chasing us!! The north shore of L.I. got hit, but I'm on the south shore and all we got was rain, rain, rain!

Banned
    I sure hope this is the last of it!

Yippee! A snow day for me. dH is making French toast and then I'm heading up to sew. I've got plenty to keep me busy and now that I've read the hand quilting thread, I'd love to piece something to hand quilt as well.
    Stay warm and safe, everyone, in the snow's way!

In north Tx I turned my heat off on Sunday. guess what I turned it back on this morning. Not really cold just to chilly for this old woman. Great quilting weather and an excuse to stay out of the garden. Most of my early garden things are already up. Will have fresh salad by next week. All garden is planted.

Woke up to 6"of snow this am and it's still going strong. Will this winter never end? Hope it's clear for Easter in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
    It is blowing like crazy here too, and the snow is starting. Guess old man winter has a bit more punch in him. My rhubarb is just beginning to poke through the ground though- there is hope!!

Oh my!! I forgot about my Rhubarb..gotta' go see if mine is coming up..LOVE Rhubarb...gotta get my pie pans ready! : )

We are in line for a storm here in Missouri. The warnings are through this Sunday. They said as of yesterday it appears the storm could stall over us. That we could expect heavy snow. Since we already had two big storms, I guess with a possible third, the farmers should be really happy. Last friday it was 80 here and now back to winter. Just keep reminding myself, spring starts Wednesday the 20th. As they say here in Missouri, just wait the weather can change really quick.

This past Sunday we had a heavy dusting of snow, then sleet, then rain. The ground can't hold anyore wetness. Some low areas have flooding. I guess the drought is over now, until we get hot, dry summer. I only wish night temp.s will get to 50 and stay there. About the same story every year. Seems we can't shake the cold.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    My chives are starting to grow as well as my tulips, daffodills too .. So I am hoping we don't get a snow storm or freeze here in Western Colorado
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Burrrr! that all sounds so cold!!! We are overcast and 51degrees here this morning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast