Winter's Last Gasp!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
It is blowing like crazy here too, and the snow is starting. Guess old man winter has a bit more punch in him. My rhubarb is just beginning to poke through the ground though- there is hope!!

Oh my!! I forgot about my Rhubarb..gotta' go see if mine is coming up..LOVE Rhubarb...gotta get my pie pans ready! : )
Old 03-19-2013, 05:23 AM

We are in line for a storm here in Missouri. The warnings are through this Sunday. They said as of yesterday it appears the storm could stall over us. That we could expect heavy snow. Since we already had two big storms, I guess with a possible third, the farmers should be really happy. Last friday it was 80 here and now back to winter. Just keep reminding myself, spring starts Wednesday the 20th. As they say here in Missouri, just wait the weather can change really quick.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

This past Sunday we had a heavy dusting of snow, then sleet, then rain. The ground can't hold anyore wetness. Some low areas have flooding. I guess the drought is over now, until we get hot, dry summer. I only wish night temp.s will get to 50 and stay there. About the same story every year. Seems we can't shake the cold.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:57 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

My chives are starting to grow as well as my tulips, daffodills too .. So I am hoping we don't get a snow storm or freeze here in Western Colorado
Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Burrrr! that all sounds so cold!!! We are overcast and 51degrees here this morning.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 AM

I am snowed in today also! Great day to sew in my pjs. Happy sewing all.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:24 AM

Yesterday I was furiously working at my desk and looked up to see a blizzard outside. Didn't know that was coming!
No boots, no gloves, no hat, no scarf. Wouldn't you think someone who's lived in Wisconsin almost all their life would be better prepared? WE got a bout 4 inches of very heavy snow and lots of blowing and drifting today. I say we take out a "Wanted - Dead or Alive" on the groundhog!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Poor DH is out dealing with the snowblower. Insisted that I stay inside. It's still coming down here. I got my greatnephew's quilt half quilted and have worked on some hand embroidery. Sure has been a nice day but it does look like Christmastime instead of the day before Spring!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 AM

We got about 8 inches here in Central Maine. It was really hard work for DH to use the snowblower because of all the ruts that were made in the mud in our driveway that froze during the night.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

I'm originally from Indiana (Ft. Wayne area). I don't envy you a bit but just got off the phone with a friend who says she's turning the heat back on. I just turned off the A/C. What the coastal people down here call a norther just rolledd in this morning and yes the wind is still blowing but come on I told her the high for today is going to be in the 70s. I've been here for 9 1/2 years (and yes have turned a little wimpy) my blood has thinned. Just comparing! But I really to feel for all of you having to deal with the bad weather. My kids still live in Indiana and they are safe drivers. The driving is my biggest worry. Down here there are many who just can't drive.
Prayers from the Gulf to keep all affected in bad weather safe!