Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Worn Out! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/worn-out-t243548.html)

lfstamper 03-19-2014 06:20 PM

Worn Out!

Started babysitting my DGD this week and I am exhausted! You forget how much work a two month old is. She is really a good baby but feeding every three hours doesn't leave much time for sewing...lol.

AmyFreeMotionQuilting 03-19-2014 06:37 PM

LOL! Trade you for 3 ages 4-9! At least they feed themselves. Just kidding. I started quilting to have something that didn't come undone everyday when I started having kids.

What a blessing for her parents to have a grandmother care for her!

ManiacQuilter2 03-20-2014 04:40 PM

Be delighted that you are GRANDPARENTS so you don't have a full time commitment. :)

BETTY62 03-20-2014 09:35 PM

An this is when we learn why Go gives babies to young people.

quiltingcandy 03-20-2014 10:24 PM

My friend was watching her grandson and was overwhelmed after 5 months. But loved the time - just wasn't used to giving up so much of her day, 5 days a week.

quilter1 03-21-2014 01:46 AM

I get it! Mine are 4 and 2, a day with them and I need a day to recover almost. But I love it, keeps you young. I have started helping out my niece one day a week- she has 1 month old twins- now that's busy!

DJinSC 03-21-2014 03:47 AM

I understand! I feel very blessed to be retired and fairly (!) young and have the opportunity to care for my grandson. He's now 7 months and I started when he was 3 months. Mom works M-F and Dad works shift work, so at most I have him 2 days a week. I know if I had him every day I would be overwhelmed. As it is, 2 days a week leaves me trying to find time for myself. I never was a very fast quilter--now I get hardly any quilting done. But still, I wouldn't trade this time with him for the world. They aren't babies very long! I can quilt when he goes to school.

Seaside gal 03-21-2014 05:07 AM

Enjoy the babies while you can. They grow up so fast.

Geri B 03-21-2014 05:37 AM

....I too watch a GGD overnite Sunday/Monday due to parents work schedule....she is now 3 1/2 yrs and have done this since she was a babe in arms........it has really fascinated me too no end watching her develop mentally and physically....one could almost hear those wheels turning as she accepted and worked out situations, conversation in her mind.....why I did not really see in depth the same things in my own children---- too busy with being wife, housekeeper, chief cook and bottle washer ...and grands...did not see them as often I guess. So I really have enjoyed her and look forward to our weekly adventure together...I hope she will have good memories of me later in her life.

Doggramma 03-21-2014 05:59 AM

How fun! Oh, you'll get used to it before long. It's wonderful when grandparents can care for their grandchildren.