Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Worn Out!

Worn Out!

Started babysitting my DGD this week and I am exhausted! You forget how much work a two month old is. She is really a good baby but feeding every three hours doesn't leave much time for sewing...lol.
    Linda

LOL! Trade you for 3 ages 4-9! At least they feed themselves. Just kidding. I started quilting to have something that didn't come undone everyday when I started having kids.

What a blessing for her parents to have a grandmother care for her!

Be delighted that you are GRANDPARENTS so you don't have a full time commitment.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

An this is when we learn why Go gives babies to young people.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

My friend was watching her grandson and was overwhelmed after 5 months. But loved the time - just wasn't used to giving up so much of her day, 5 days a week.

Blog Entries
    I get it! Mine are 4 and 2, a day with them and I need a day to recover almost. But I love it, keeps you young. I have started helping out my niece one day a week- she has 1 month old twins- now that's busy!
    'He cannot be a gentleman which loveth not a dog' -John Northbrooke
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

I understand! I feel very blessed to be retired and fairly (!) young and have the opportunity to care for my grandson. He's now 7 months and I started when he was 3 months. Mom works M-F and Dad works shift work, so at most I have him 2 days a week. I know if I had him every day I would be overwhelmed. As it is, 2 days a week leaves me trying to find time for myself. I never was a very fast quilter--now I get hardly any quilting done. But still, I wouldn't trade this time with him for the world. They aren't babies very long! I can quilt when he goes to school.

Blog Entries
    Enjoy the babies while you can. They grow up so fast.

....I too watch a GGD overnite Sunday/Monday due to parents work schedule....she is now 3 1/2 yrs and have done this since she was a babe in arms........it has really fascinated me too no end watching her develop mentally and physically....one could almost hear those wheels turning as she accepted and worked out situations, conversation in her mind.....why I did not really see in depth the same things in my own children---- too busy with being wife, housekeeper, chief cook and bottle washer ...and grands...did not see them as often I guess. So I really have enjoyed her and look forward to our weekly adventure together...I hope she will have good memories of me later in her life.

How fun! Oh, you'll get used to it before long. It's wonderful when grandparents can care for their grandchildren.
    Lori

Blog Entries
    Feeding gets further apart in time. You are very lucky to have a grandchild. A gift from God to cherish.
    Finished is better than a UFO

You are a lucky lady! I have all 7 of my grands living close so get to spend lots of time with them. That relationship is special!

I have had my grandkids since they were 10 months (granddaughter) ad 2 yr old grandson. They are now 12 and 13!!! Holy moly, never thought I would be raising kids at my age!!

I have watched my two grandchildren now ages 10 and 6 since they were born. My son and his wife are expecting their first child in early May. I offered to babysit while they are both at work. Little did I know that my 87 yr. old Mother would be moving in with us. I am praying God will give me all it takes to watch them ALL during the Summer months. I am SURE I won't be sewing at all!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

completely understand, we love our grands but the young ones are alot of work if we have to babysit, the older the better and even several days is fun.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell