Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you buy, even if not "perfect"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-buy-even-if-not-%22perfect%22-t88422.html)

GwynR 01-07-2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen

Originally Posted by GwynR
Did someone already pay for it? If so, I would ask them, and maybe offer a discount. In they don't want it, make another for them and post this one for sale, with a picture of the off center pocket and a price. Anyone buying it at that point knows what they are getting. If it doesn't sale, lower the price and try again.

No, no one has asked for it yet, I was going to put it on Etsy...

Just go for it then, someone is going to think it's supposed to be that way!!!

morelcabin 01-07-2011 12:12 PM

Not noticable enough to worry about...price it and post it and someone will buy it.

TN Donna 01-07-2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
The reason I ask.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is because I'm making a bow tuck to sell, and the front pocket is off center, just a bit...I think it will show, because the handles are all centered, but now the pocket is not and I double zig zagged in into place, so I can't rip it off and re-sew....I'm not sure what I was going to charge for it, after cost of materials and time spent creating it, I was going to charge between $35-40...that's what they are going for on Etsy, but now I just don't know.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Could you maybe attach buttons or a pin or somthing to cover up the slight off center?

Ditter43 01-07-2011 12:46 PM

It would depend on how much I liked it otherwise...... :-D

sewgull 01-07-2011 12:49 PM

I would add a couple of buttons for balance.
Maybe a star shape.

Cute bag.

blzzrdqueen 01-07-2011 01:18 PM

You guys are all so sweet! I guess maybe because it's something I made, the flaw bugs the crap out of me. I like the idea of adding some buttons to the side of the pocket, if I can find some stars that are small enough I'll do that...if not I'll leave it the way it is and see if someone bites. I'll post it for sale here too if anyone will be interested.

CarrieAnne 01-07-2011 02:51 PM

I wouldnt have noticed if you hadnt said something....its really pretty!

GwynR 01-07-2011 07:00 PM

thats not off much, had you said nothing, i never would have noticed! its very cute! i would buy it, if i didn't have too many of my own already! lol

Jingle 01-07-2011 07:14 PM

Pretty purse. Have you noticed lots of things you buy in stores are not perfect either? Everything is made by humans and they are not perfect.

sandy12010 01-07-2011 07:33 PM

I probably wouldnt of noticed it unless I really was eye balling the item and looking for defects...but i would buy if I liked the item