Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you buy this? Please reply. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-buy-please-reply-t227007.html)

solstice3 08-03-2013 07:00 AM

adorable! Not good at pricing things as I usually feel guilty charging.

quiltymom 08-03-2013 07:32 AM

I would say no more than 25.00. I did craft show for over 20 years. So if you don't want to get stuck stay in a safe range. Start at 25.00 if doesn't sell drop down. Good Luck!!!

Dolphyngyrl 08-03-2013 07:39 AM

Gets my four year olds stamp of approval

wendiq 08-03-2013 07:43 AM

I may be the grouch here, but I use to "craft" and quit because the stuff coming in from foreign places was cheaper than the materials I was using. I gave up as I seldom sold "because I can get it at XYZ much cheaper". Now I only sew for my family and friends......

Letty 08-03-2013 12:10 PM

That is so cute,best to work out the cost of materials and your time and add some profit percent -- always difficult. Make sure if it is your own design to protect the pattern too. x

tenngal 08-03-2013 07:24 PM

Love that tail!

madamekelly 08-03-2013 11:00 PM

I agree too. Maybe you could use it for your business identity, and produce these baby quilts (or ten minute block quilts?) to make money. This one is perfect, give it a name, and away you go. If you ask, someone here may know where to find actual guides to realistic pricing of hand made items. I wish you success!

Originally Posted by homebody323 (Post 6208272)
I agree, very cute. People never want to pay what things are worth in time and materials. I have long since given up that idea. I started in '80 with a small craft business in California - did a few shows and sold enough to break even.I did have a lady stand right there in front of me and take apart a cute little basket pincushion and then stuff it all back together and say "just wanted to see how you did it so I could make some myself". I would probably price the cute animal at about $28. Something about $30 says too much. Price one - if it sells fast - too cheap. If it doesn't sell - put it on sale. Then decide if you really want to do it. The eyes concern me as a potential law suit. It's amazing that the smaller neighbor child of the girl who gets this can pull the eyes off - choke on one of them and you get sued. I see the longarm in the backround. How about making some table runners from scraps, some baby quilts using the 3 for 1 method and elimate the risk and all the time involved in the cute animals? A pile of xmas or regular table runners at a fall craft show might prove to be a better money maker - less storage and transportation problems, less risk. If you are going to make quilted items and have to buy fabrics - consider taking a look at Marshalls Dry Goods. One of my favorite websites. Good luck.

madamekelly 08-03-2013 11:03 PM

you could also make eyes from circles of fleece and stitch 'x' across...

quiltmom04 08-10-2013 09:59 AM

I just got an email from a site called "Daily Grommet" and someone was selling a toy almost exactly like yours for $98! Just thought you might want to to know that information. Of course, I don't know whether they were selling or not.....