Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you get a quilt tattoo? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-get-quilt-tattoo-t144171.html)

sharoney 08-11-2011 06:39 AM

mmmmm.....no.

mhansen6 08-11-2011 06:40 AM

No thank you. I like my quilts on my beds not on my body.

feliciava77 08-11-2011 06:41 AM

I have 10 tattoos but most are hidden when my clothes are on. I love the art of them. The only one that shows when I am dressed is the one on my chest, which is for my children. It is Eeyore, Tinkerbell, and Piglet. But even that one can be covered if I choose. None of mine are quilt related, but it is a neat idea. As far as aging with them, they are all meaningful to me, and have fun with it. Age makes us saggy everywhere, a figure a saggy tattoo will just match everything else. LOL

Zephyr 08-11-2011 06:43 AM

No.

auntpiggylpn 08-11-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by feliciava77
I have 10 tattoos but most are hidden when my clothes are on. I love the art of them. The only one that shows when I am dressed is the one on my chest, which is for my children. It is Eeyore, Tinkerbell, and Piglet. But even that one can be covered if I choose. None of mine are quilt related, but it is a neat idea. As far as aging with them, they are all meaningful to me, and have fun with it. Age makes us saggy everywhere, a figure a saggy tattoo will just match everything else. LOL

People get too hung up on what happens to the body naturally as people age. Generally, people get tattoos for a personal reason and it isn't necessarilly for others viewing. I personally don't care what me or my tattoo will look like when I am 80. And I certainly can't concern myself as to what others think of my saggy baggy body or tattoo. IMHO!

Donna Bess 08-11-2011 07:00 AM

No tats for me. Getting my ears pierced is as far as I want to go altering my body.

Z Any Mouse 08-11-2011 07:08 AM

I am a "blank canvas" right now (age 49), but plan on getting a quilt themed tatt when I win my first quilt show. Now all I have to do is enter, lol.

Also, someone experienced with tattoos recommended that you can draw your design where you want it with a Sharpie. If you're tired of looking at it after a couple weeks, then it's not for you. Either change the design or ditch the idea all together.

thrums 08-11-2011 07:12 AM

At one time in the 70's I wanted a hummingbird on my big toe. Don't ask me why.... I didn't get it done.

Stitchit123 08-11-2011 07:18 AM

NoNoNo-- If I want to see art I'll go to the museum - Theres no pain or worries that you could catch some horrible disease from used equipment or unsafe handling of the inks.

thelondonzoo 08-11-2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by KSenn
I wouldn't get a tatoo. But my husband got one of a quilt with a needle and thread and my name under it.

That's so sweet. I wonder if my husband would do that.