Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you get a quilt tattoo? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-get-quilt-tattoo-t144171.html)

sunrise450 08-12-2011 09:06 AM

No I would not get a tatoo. Never I tell you. NEVER!!! LOL!

drgranny 08-12-2011 09:17 AM

Never say never!!! I seem to always eventually do what I said I never would.

ptquilts 08-12-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady
I always wanted to get a battleship tattooed on my chest.. that way I could watch it sink as I grew older...

LOL!!! :-D

ptquilts 08-12-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by MsMel
I have three tattoos and each is symbolic of a event in my life, except for my tinkerbell tattoo :) that is just fun, I have a breast cancer ribbon on my left foot that says "Faith, Hope, and Love" done a week post lumpectomy last year, and two dragonflys on an ankle symbolizing my two daughters. I have been looking for something to symbolize my grandson, and I really like the idea of a small quilt block to symbolize each one as they come along....just wonder if I did it if I would get a full quilt :)...and if I did where would I put it...lol

in/on your "hope chest"??!!

BrendaK 08-12-2011 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I just teasingly asked my husband if I should get the tattoo of the sewing machine on my boob even though it would stretch as I get older. He said, "Well, you did want a long arm quilter." HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

:D :D Funny Man. If I got one, when I got older it would look like a toy machine. BrendaK

Z Any Mouse 08-12-2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I just teasingly asked my husband if I should get the tattoo of the sewing machine on my boob even though it would stretch as I get older. He said, "Well, you did want a long arm quilter." HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

:D :D Funny Man. If I got one, when I got older it would look like a toy machine. BrendaK

Aww, man..I could have gotten an Easy Bake Oven on my stomach but it's a good thing I didn't since that oven closed up shop many years ago.

chickadeee55 08-12-2011 01:34 PM

I would say if you like tats, get one. Don't worry about what it will look like in 40 years, live for the moment.(because they do pass by so fast) But do consider where on your body you put one, if there is ever a time you don't want people to see it.

I have a few, and I would love to get another.

ShabbyTabby 08-12-2011 02:03 PM

Absolutey not!! I know it's a fad with all the younger gals but I'm sorry it just does not look appropriate to me. Besides on my old hide it would look awful....

Sue Fish 08-12-2011 03:15 PM

real old fashioned here...really do not like tattoos at all...just my opinion of course..I know they are very popular

Debra Mc 08-12-2011 04:40 PM

Not only NO but HELL No. I think tatoos are awful. I will never discrate my temple that the Lord has made. It is really starting to get back the way some people mark & defile their bodies. My DS"s BFF has a bunch of them. I just don't understand it.