Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are you "cost-conscious, frugal, economical, or cheap"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-%22cost-conscious-frugal-economical-cheap%22-t50486.html)

CarrieAnne 06-20-2010 08:50 AM

I dont really like cheap....but I have to be frugal. I've always been a do it yourselfer....grow my own, make it yourself, and I dont buy much. I share and trade with family and friends for alot....and I dont need much. LOL, dont care to keep up with the Jones, as I just dont know them!
Cant tell you the last time I bought new clothes, I wear Sister and daughters hand me downs...or buy from rummage sales!

janRN 06-20-2010 08:57 AM

I'm just broke! LOL so I have to be all of the above. Semi-retirement is great--all the time in the world to sew but not enough money to do all I'd like. (Won't trade not working full-time for any amount of money though!)

craftybear 06-20-2010 09:01 AM

cost conscious, as my hubby has been unemployed since July 2009 so $ has been tight, I hopes he finds a job soon so we can get caught up on our bills and try to have some $ to buy some fabric so I can quilt more

I have been making some scrappy lap quilts, potholders, coasters, placemats to make some small projects

bj 06-20-2010 09:02 AM

I don't think I'm any of those. I lean more to particular. I buy what I like and pass on what I don't. I don't care a lot about where I find it if it feels like good quality. I don't buy a lot of fabric without a purpose in mind (except for FQ's, they are my little splurge on just because fabric).

sharon b 06-20-2010 09:02 AM

I am all four , but in different areas of my life :wink:

bearisgray 06-20-2010 09:37 AM

"cheap" - to me - is the person that when it's time to "split the check" will take the $12.24 part of the bill instead of the $12.25 part.

Moonpi 06-20-2010 09:38 AM

Depends on what we are talking about

Cost-conscious - I will drive on fumes if I know gasoline is cheaper a block away, but will not go across town to save a nickel a gallon

Frugal - I use up completely, repurpose, recycle, and try not to waste a thing. I do not require everything in my life to come to me shiny and new, encased in superfluous plastic. My Yankee upbringing ;-)

Economical - for most things. When I am in a position to stock up on staples like toilet paper, trash bags, and such, I get bargains so I will not have to pay full price later. My online purchases usually fit in this category.

Cheap - the local dollar store has plenty of things that are "good enough" for me. I seldom buy household cleansers anywhere else. I cannot see paying 4-5 bucks for something, when the dollar version does the job.

ann clare 06-20-2010 09:45 AM

The first three would describe me.

Boston1954 06-20-2010 09:57 AM

Poor...

Which forces me to be the others.

bearisgray 06-20-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Poor.

You may be short of money, but it seems that you DO have:

imagination and talent - I can see that from the quilts that you've made, love that you are able to receive and give - you want to make quilts for your husband and it seems he appreciates them and you have your dog that appears to be well cared for.