Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are you a diabetic or someone in your family? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-diabetic-someone-your-family-t58041.html)

Wings 08-06-2010 02:15 AM

I have type II plus loss of thirty percent of kidneys from IGA neropathy, which has been in remission for five years. Suddenly my proteins are rising again and BP - so am in the middle of sorting it out, more tests in three weeks. My sugars are not bad and diet controlled however the protein is a worry again. Funny that this topic was on here tonight because I was feeling a bit worried about it all and decided to look up the quilt talk tonight to relax and found all of you. Hullo!

Theresa 08-06-2010 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wings
I have type II plus loss of thirty percent of kidneys from IGA nephropathy, which has been in remission for five years. Suddenly my proteins are rising again and BP - so am in the middle of sorting it out, more tests in three weeks. My sugars are not bad and diet controlled however the protein is a worry again. Funny that this topic was on here tonight because I was feeling a bit worried about it all and decided to look up the quilt talk tonight to relax and found all of you. Hullo!

Hope the tests have some good information for you. Gosh, when multiple things are going on it sure adds to the complexity.

LittleMo 08-06-2010 02:50 AM

Yes Type II Diabetes, diagnosed last October and I am not happy about it. :cry:

Theresa 08-06-2010 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by LittleMo
Yes Type II Diabetes, diagnosed last October and I am not happy about it. :cry:

Exactly the same for me. Am so thankful I'm not on meds yet.

pocoellie 08-06-2010 04:04 AM

I truly believe that they won't ever find a "cure" for all these diseases, because then all their money dries up. It shouldn't be this way.

zennia 08-06-2010 04:10 AM

I am a pre diabetic. I follow the same type diet as a diabetic but may never turn into a full blown diabetic, I hope I dont. Really watching my carb intake. Some days are easy other days are hard. Summer is easy with all the fresh veggies.
my grndson has been diabetic since age of 2.

janedennis 08-06-2010 04:21 AM

One Day at a Time.

SherriB 08-06-2010 04:34 AM

I have type 2 diabetes. I take glimperide (sp?) and metformin. I also have asthma, hypothyroidism and lupus. I developed diabetes after having gestational diabetes with my second DD.

CarrieAnne 08-06-2010 04:46 AM

I have a nephew who has been diabetic since he was 12.His Mom asked the Dr. about a transplant, and they said he couldnt?! I wonder why? I will ask her today, why he couldnt get one. He is 18 now, very hard for him, because he wants to eat junk food like the other teen age guys...

clem55 08-06-2010 05:15 AM

My hubby has Type 2, for many years now. He won't follow any diet at all! Pills have kept things in an even range until last month, then the numbers shot way up. Another new pill, and that has made him nauseated and dizzy for two weeks now. Because of getting scared, he has stopped all sweets, but I'm worried. He has neuropathy in his feet, has had for several years. His doctor doesn"T even have him checking his blood sugar everyday, and I don't understand that at all. The family all seem to think I can make him do things, but I CAN'T!! He only does what he wants, and I feel they think I don"t care. He has gained so much weight, sit'S in his chair and sleeps most all day. He is going for a stress test today ,after all the kids jumped his case all summer, then his sisters came to visit in July and they did too. I'm worried what that will show, I really think there is a problem with his heart, and he is so stubborn, I don't know if he would have surgery if needed. This is the same husband who was scared to death I would die this winter and insisted I do everything I was told. Doesn't he realize how much I need and want him to be well?!! I'll try to make him eat right, but I am very confused about the proper diet for him, afraid I won't get it right!