Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are You Older Than Dirt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-older-than-dirt-t248122.html)

jo bauer 06-08-2014 09:06 PM

Oh my! I hate to admit it. I remember all those things too. I will include the two room school house with a merry-go-round that also swung back and forth. All 8 grades got recess at the same time.

Anniedeb 06-08-2014 10:30 PM

Older than dirt here too! What wonderful memories!! ...when we got a TV, only Mom or Dad could turn it on, or change the channel. You "minded" the neighborhood parents, said "please, and thank-you", and referred to adults as Mr. or Mrs., and Ma'am or Sir! We walked or biked or roller skated where ever we went. In high school blue jeans weren't allowed!

Edie 06-09-2014 02:28 AM

What a wonderful trip down Memory Lane - I HAD a 1951 Aqua Studebaker Champion. It was my first car - got it three months after I graduated from High School in 1956...Alexander Ramsey High School - Roseville, Mn. I loved that car - Some rummy ran into me and damaged the car enough to total it out and I ended up with a 1952 Plymouth. Do they make Plymouths anymore?????

What's the name of that old song????? "Memories Are Made of This".

Oh, yah, I am older than dirt. PROUD OF IT!

Have a super day! Edie

omacookie 06-09-2014 02:33 AM

Remember ballet slippers and balarena skirts ? Silk dresses made from parachutes ? Fleers double bubble gum ? What is your recipe for MUD PIES ? YES ! I am older than dirt and am learning this new technology.

Stitchit123 06-09-2014 02:55 AM

Of all those wonderful memories I think the one I miss the most is hearing kids out playing and using their imaginations like we all did when we were young. My 3 GD's had never played in the rain or splashed in water puddles til they moved here and I took them out to play with me. DIL went crazy cause I got them all muddy. The look on her face was priceless when my son came in and he was the muddiest of all. She did not talk to us for a week. But she had to get over it cause from then on they got to play with their Dad and Gramma every time it rained. And I must say I still make a pretty good mud pie : )

sandy l 06-09-2014 02:57 AM

Poodle skirts with 3 or 4 stiff crinoline slips under it, black and white saddle shoes, new combination locks at the start of the school year?

institches33 06-09-2014 03:17 AM

My mother was born in 1906 and would tell us about the time before airports and traffic signals. I would love to see a "Remember When" from that era.

I read a "Remember When" from the 80's and couldn't understand why it was classified as nostalgia!

Yooper32 06-09-2014 03:25 AM

Familiar with every dang one.

QuiltMom2 06-09-2014 03:25 AM

Thanks for the fun trip down Memory Lane: older than dirt here!

kyquiltlover1942 06-09-2014 03:31 AM

I am sorry to say i remember them all. Actually I am not sorry. Those were the innocent carefree days,.