Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are you still snowed in? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-still-snowed-t96387.html)

Leota 02-03-2011 09:28 AM

We are packing our stuff up so the repair people can come in and put in new carpet....only problem is we packed our lanterns too.. :( I need to go out and get some stuff from the storage unit before the next storm....
This morning the computer said it was -2 but my outside thermometer side 4... not much difference to my thinking...this was actual temp not wind chill.

sewwhat85 02-03-2011 10:00 AM

we can get out now but wont

Shemjo 02-03-2011 10:10 AM

I get books on CD from the library, and they are closed again today! Like to listen while I sew.
I think I can get out, and have someplace to go this evening. I am trying to decide if I want to go. Getting there will not be a problem, but parking may be, and walking to the house. We still have lots of ice here, and the temps are pretty low, in the single digits.

zipit 02-03-2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
since I really don't "have" to get out I won't until Saturday. I am making a list of things I need to get because they are saying 1" to 3" again on Mon or Tue. What would you make sure to stock up on?

Savage Quilter (my absolute favorite local store) is having a sale on Sunday. I'll be there with bells on my toes and my birthday GC in hand...

pollyjvan9 02-03-2011 05:51 PM

zipit, I think I agree with you. I have only been to the Savage Quilter two times, but have come away with absolutely stunning fabrics and ideas.

ergranny46 02-03-2011 09:55 PM

I've been to the Savage Quilter, and they are the nicest folks. They really take care of thier customers. Wish I could go to the sale.

Ann Simon 02-04-2011 09:25 AM

Still snowed in here in Tulsa. Where I'm at we got 13.5" and now it is snowing again. I need to get out of this house!!!!!!!!

isnthatodd 02-04-2011 09:29 AM

Snow last night and a few flurries this am. I think we are done until Monday (more snow days?). I just put up my design wall (6ft x 6ft with rods) and am going to audition the boats for the project linus quilts. Our son is coming to see us today. He flew in from LA yesterday. What a shock for his system!

quilt1950 02-04-2011 09:57 AM

I don't see chocolate on your list. Didn't you invent the peanut butter/chocolate pudding pie?

kellen46 02-04-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I get books on CD from the library, and they are closed again today! Like to listen while I sew.
I think I can get out, and have someplace to go this evening. I am trying to decide if I want to go. Getting there will not be a problem, but parking may be, and walking to the house. We still have lots of ice here, and the temps are pretty low, in the single digits.

There is a site, www.booksshouldbefree.com where you can download out of copy-write books, classics and such. no signup or cost to user. I download to an MP3 player but you can burn them to disc if you want. I can also download books from the library. You might check with your library's web site to see if they do this, but if not you can go to the other site and get something to listen to. I like the MP3 as I can put in ear buds and if I move from room to room I can take it with me. I just have a cheap one from the discount store but it works for me. Also you can get an ipod download, but if you have none of these you can download the file to your windows media player and listen off your computer. I hope this helps any snowed in bookie who is going through withdrawal in the sewing room.