Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   You will never believe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-will-never-believe-t105014.html)

auntiehenno 03-05-2011 02:50 PM

They are all so beautiful.

nabobw 03-05-2011 03:59 PM

Just the other day here in Florida a Bobcat attached a women and her dog.

sandybuttons 03-05-2011 06:08 PM

We live in a subdivision and there is some farm land around, we had six deer in our back yard the other day, and have seen young wolves only a mile from the house! When we first got our dog she could fit in one hand and the vet said to be careful because there was a hawk trying to get at toy poodle.

donnalynett 03-05-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
I was sitting here at the computer my DH say's i see a Bobcat.I got up and went to the door,sure was walking across the field,with those pointy ears.It was to far to take a picture.Connie in CO

They usually don't come out in the daytime. One ate our entire flock of geese in a matter of weeks. Never did see him but Fish and Game said looking at the bite marks on one carcass he had to be 40+ lbs.

honeydew 03-05-2011 07:53 PM

We had a mama bobcat bring her baby up in our yard. The baby came up to our back step while mama stood out in the yard watching. I was to busy watching to think about getting the camera and taking a picture.

biscuitqueen 03-05-2011 09:08 PM

lately we have seen cyotes in 2 or more packs here in the city. they really scare me, they stroll down the street like they own it.

madamekelly 03-05-2011 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
I was sitting here at the computer my DH say's i see a Bobcat.I got up and went to the door,sure was walking across the field,with those pointy ears.It was to far to take a picture.Connie in CO

Must be the day for it. Today we had a mated pair of wild turkeys just outside my fence. I took a picture, but all you can see are little brown dots. Stupid cell phone camera. I sure miss my old one. :cry:

jpthequilter 03-06-2011 11:06 PM

I lived in Woburn, Mass for a while. This happened around the year 2000. Woburn is a suburbian area near Boston. There are towns next to each other - not much wild countryside there.
Our neighbor kept a big full grown billy goat as a pet. One night wild coyotes killed it. People had been missing some small dogs and cats from the neighborhood for a while before that happened....
Also there was a groundhog running about the neighborhood.
Nobody bothered it. One winter it chose to hibernate under the front porch. The smell when it came out from its den was a strong gamy awful awful yucky double awful!

bodie358 03-06-2011 11:29 PM

I was sitting at my desk a few years back. Right next to a window that goes down almost to the floor. I see something move out of the corner of my eye, thought it was the dog. I look over - it's a wildcat ! He was looking the other way and didn't notice me. If there wasn't glass between us I could have reached out and touched him. I will never forget it, big thrill to see such a beautiful animal up close.

justjo46 03-07-2011 04:19 AM

what site do you go to for the bears? Have eagle cam in Decorah we watch, would love to watch the bears. Go through Cashton to campground, we have bears up there. Seen tracks but not the actual bear.
[email protected]