Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Is your cat a "cheese snob"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/your-cat-%22cheese-snob%22-t148932.html)

Favorite Fabrics 08-29-2011 08:28 PM

It appears one of mine is!

Fussy eater declined most of the meals & treats I'd offered her, but when I brought out the expensive Welsh cheese that I'd bought a quarter-pound of as a splurge for us humans... she gobbled it down and begged for more.

!!

Go figure!

Anybody else have a cat with highbrow tastes?

Murphy 08-29-2011 08:30 PM

Most definitely. Only the choices morsels for her and it best be human food (smile).

crochetetc 08-29-2011 08:36 PM

Umm no cats here but I have a great dane that will turn his nose up at chez its and will beg and act goofy for some animal crackers. He has refined tastes and will sniff, lick and nibble before eating anything new.

Favorite Fabrics 08-29-2011 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the same cat that likes to disguise herself as a zucchini or an empty pop bottle. Or so she intends it.

She is just strange, that's all there is to it...

Cyn 08-29-2011 09:22 PM

I have some that like anything edible and some that are picky- just like my kids :)

Annaleehunter 08-29-2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
It appears one of mine is!

Fussy eater declined most of the meals & treats I'd offered her, but when I brought out the expensive Welsh cheese that I'd bought a quarter-pound of as a splurge for us humans... she gobbled it down and begged for more.

!!

Go figure!

Anybody else have a cat with highbrow tastes?

No! Doggy is! He loves all that is human!

meemersmom 08-29-2011 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
This is the same cat that likes to disguise herself as a zucchini or an empty pop bottle. Or so she intends it.

She is just strange, that's all there is to it...

Of course she is strange...she's a cat!! I have one that will only eat Sahlen's ham. And, yes, she can tell the difference. And, two that eat fruit...they love strawberries, bananas, watermelon, pineapple, and clementines (don't try to give them domestic tangerines...only imported clementines will do).

Yes, indeed...they are odd little critters!

PS...If you got the cheese from the supermarket that I think you purchased it at, try the blueberry Stilton...to die for!!

Opal Jane 08-30-2011 03:19 AM

Yes....my cat seems to like salty foods. She likes cheese, Doritos (she licks them) and olive oil (that's right, she sits in front of the cabinet where it is kept until I put a little drop on a plate).

sueisallaboutquilts 08-30-2011 04:15 AM

Your cat is so cute!! And strange?? I never knew a cat who wasn't LOL
My cat Maggie May licks my mascara- weird!!

Chicca 08-30-2011 05:48 AM

My cat Chicca is so incredibly picky...she will not eat anything but Alley Cat. We recently tried another brand and after a few days, she actually went and took a few bites of the dog food. We then made a quick trip to the store for her.